Finest Post Nominations - April 2022

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Rihana, Mar 31, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thanks my dear Anna

2. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Rihana,
    I would like to bring to your attention yet another small post that is as relevant today as it was in the past. Anbhu’s response in this post Why Do Women Today Choose Conflict To Resolve Domestic Issues?

Do we have to pick our battles? Absolutely. We do need to keep our strength up for things that matter. When something that really matters comes up though, we have to give it our all. Fighting for what we believe in is equally important to letting go of what is important.
    Only we know what is important for us. While we do leave the general social changes to others and focus on ourselves, it’s also important to give the future generations something to improve on and learn from.

Every social change has come about by enough number of individuals standing up for what they believe in. It might not have happened in their lifetimes but getting the ball rolling and creating ripples for future generations to lean on is foresight at its best. Enough time will pass when all of it is simply things the future generations take for the norm.

I’d love to nominate Anbhu for FP.

3. Anbhu

Anbhu Silver IL'ite

Thanks @Laks09

Laks09 and Rihana like this.
  4. beautifullife30

beautifullife30 Platinum IL'ite

Rihana, Laks09 and iyerviji like this.
  5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Welcome . I am good.

6. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

It is fitting that a snippet about a temple in Kerala is brought to FP by you, Viji. Thank you!

Ochira And The Mighty Banyan by @beautifullife30

A lovely narration. It's not nice to pick a favorite part but these lines transported me back to childhood, stories and the trees we used to climb, and the trees that had small temples under them.

I sometimes wonder, if trees could have the power of speech, imagine the wisdom that could be shared by them. I am not a non-fiction person, but I would have definitely read the autobiography of this banyan tree.

I also looked up the toponymy (study of place names) of "Ochira". Fascinating to read the many theories of how the name came along.

Another addition to my knowledge was the origin of "banyan" - it stands for the baniyas (traders) who used to trade under banyan trees!

Thank you, @beautifullife30 for sharing it with us. Nothing is constant but change but yes some changes leave us with a heavy heart and fond memories.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  7. Rihana

Thank you Viswa for all the nominations. Really appreciate it.

Response by @DDream in the thread:
    What Kind Of Cheating It Is...

DDream has looked at the issue from all angles - what we can conclude for sure, what the maybe's are, and what can be done next. It is tough, very tough, for the woman to handle any insecurity and hurt she feels, while also improving the marriage and bringing up the topic in a tactful yet firm manner. DDream has provided many suggestions that the impacted person can choose from.

Most of the suggestions can also be applied to any contentious discussion or situation.

Thyagarajan and Viswamitra like this.
  8. Rihana

I couldn't agree more Laks and couldn't have said it better than you have above.

Response by @Anbhu in the thread:
    Why Do Women Today Choose Conflict To Resolve Domestic Issues?

I've always admired posts that say it straight and no words minced. This post by Anbhu was one that said in a direct way what was needed to be said in response to a post like this one.

Thyagarajan, Anbhu and Laks09 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.