Finest Post Nominations - April 2022

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Rihana, Mar 31, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I had been waiting for at least one post from that thread to get nominated! I agree it is a thread that we feel like nominating each post from it.

Thank you Laks for bringing to FP this fine, realistic, balanced and hopeful response by @indubalram
    I Feel I Should Have Achieved More In School, Work, In Life, Anyone Feels Like Me?

I re-read these two lines from Indu's post quite a few times:
    And I know, like mine; sometimes it seems bleak and pointless, filled with endless questions of “why”— but if you take a moment to breathe and think, you’ll notice just how in balance and perfect everything is!
    Whether one is waiting at the doctor's office, waiting for an important email, phone call, sitting through yet another pointless meeting, or like me, about to squander yet another hour on LinkedIn, it helps to keep the above lines in mind.

2. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Rihana:)

HariLakhera and Thyagarajan like this.
  3. Rihana

Thank you Laks and Viswa for nominating posts by @DDream.
    Failing Miserably In Life
    How To Keep My Mouth Shut

When I am composing a hard to write document, I often stall by trying out the Custom Color Creator. How the red, green and blue mix to form new colors never ceases to fascinate me. If the document is especially difficult, I delay the writing further -- wondering if the RGB color notation should be changed to RBG in honor of the legendary SC judge.

Then I invoke the serenity prayer and try to decide which I need the most to complete the document:
    serenity to accept what I cannot change
    courage to change what I can
    wisdom to know the difference

The you-can-do's in DDream's posts are always balanced like the color generator or the serenity prayer's choices. A multi-pronged approach employing patience, tact, wisdom, experience, some give, some take, and if needed, some steal : )
    color.png

Laks09 and Viswamitra like this.
  4. Rihana

Thank you Viswa. @SGBV has indeed taken us on a delightful tour of Egypt by her well-written travelog.
    Once A Year, Go Someplace You Have Never Been Before

A lot of history, customs, traditions, architecture, and endearing details like the helpful taxi driver holding an older person's hand in a tour are eloquently captured in the writing.

5. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

@Rihana

I am here to nominate @HariLakhera's thread If I Can't, I Can't. Can positivity achieve everything in life? While emphasizing the importance of cleverness to do things as opposed to expecting the positive attitude to work, He made everyone to contemplate on this. He writes such wonderful threads from time to time to dive into these topics.

Rihana likes this.
  6. Rihana

I have often serenaded @Amica's flying visits with this Rajendra Kumar - Sadhana song but Brahma Kamalam is a much more apt and beautiful comparison.

You are right and so is Amica. Relationships can be tough but the rewards of good friendship make the efforts worthwhile.

Amica and Laks09 like this.
  7. Rihana

I agree, Viswa. @HariLakhera ji comes up with questions in his snippets that make us reevaluate, reexamine and recalibrate many notions we hold dear or think we've thought them through.

A small confession: When I read your philosophical snippets, Viswa, I have a hope of finding one or two lines that I can form a response to. : ) When it comes to Hari ji's snippets, I feel like I am sitting in a Biology board exam while I have chosen the Math Phy Chem track. : )

The thing with Hari ji's snippets is that the question is not a good versus evil kind. It is often more about feasibility and practicality. After reading this latest snippet If I Can't, I Can't, I was thinking of this quote:

When a door closes, knock on it a few times. But if it still doesn’t open, let it stay closed. In career, in love, in LIFE – when you see the period at the end of the sentence, don’t try and turn it into a comma. Know when something is over and move on. ~Mandy Hale.​

8. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

Interesting analysis ! Not sure where I talked about stealing anything:)
    Thanks @Viswamitra and @Laks09.

Laks09 and Rihana like this.
  9. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

You didn’t verbally. But I guess what @Rihana means is equivalent of the terms used by Lord Krishna called, “Sama, Dana, Danda and Beda”. It is just a usage to indicate that you are thorough in all options to derive a solution. I don’t like to speak for her but that is what I understood.

Thyagarajan, Laks09 and Rihana like this.
  10. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

Thanks, Shri Viswa. I feel elevated.

Thyagarajan and Rihana like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.