Finest Post Nominations - April 2022

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Rihana, Mar 31, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Rihana,
    Understanding people takes a long time. Sometimes we understand and yet our affection takes precedence over our brain. When it’s our own parent who is hurting us, it is very hard to implement what we know to maintain some boundaries.
    @MalStrom has given some practical tips to a poster who is facing a narcissist mother and sibling duo Sibling Keep Poking And Hurting

This is key. Accepting that our parents are flawed is so hard but it’s what we need to do.

It’s exhausting to explain to a narcissist whys, whens, wheres etc. It’s a never ending cycle. I wish someone had told me the above a decade ago!

I’d love to nominate @MalStrom for the FP for her words of wisdom here.

Srama, Rihana and MalStrom like this.
  2. Laks09

Rihana,
    I have this Brahma Kamalam plant. It’s flowers bloom only one night in a year and close by sunrise. I’ve not seen a bud yet. It’s supposedly makes an appearance very rarely but when it does, it’s a sight to behold. @Amica comes on here like that. We don’t know when we will see something from her but when we do, she brings to us gems like this post Old Wounds Revisited

It’s impossible to stop people from interfering in our lives. If we can master our own feelings and not let others dictate what we feel, life gets so much easier.

I love this message. The rewards of a good friendship are indeed immeasurable. We need our people. If we have someone like that who for whatever reason is not our person, we can make efforts to rekindle that friendship.

I’d love to nominate Amica for FP.

Amica, Srama and Rihana like this.
  3. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

@Rihana,

This is not the first time I nominate @DDream's response and certainly this was not going to be the last either. She keeps posting invaluable suggestions understanding the problem of married women who go through some rough time. I am here to nominate her practical suggestions. Failing Miserably In Life.

Rihana, Srama and Laks09 like this.
  4. Laks09

Rihana,
    There is this thread that I want to nominate every post from! Everyone has unique insights. Picking one or two is difficult.
    @indubalram has posted some very valid points here I Feel I Should Have Achieved More In School, Work, In Life, Anyone Feels Like Me?

Her post is brief, but each point she makes is well-founded. I believe we should practice perspective taking and consider half-full glasses from time to time.

Practicing gratitude every now and again is very useful. Being grateful for everything that has made us who we are is very important.

Absolutely! Taking a step back and just observing everything we are handed from time to time helps understand how balanced things are.

Rihana and indubalram like this.
  5. indubalram

indubalram IL Hall of Fame

Thanks

Laks09 likes this.
  6. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

@Rihana

I am here to nominate the response from @msbram Adoption. I feel this should be a sticky thread on its own in the Adoption section. I feel she should be encouraged more to write about her experiences which could be of great help to the young women who are ready to go down the path of adoption.

Rihana likes this.
  7. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Relationships are hard to navigate. Be it with parents, siblings, new in-laws or in-laws after many years. Once we are adults, there are bound to be hiccups in even the most loving or distant of relationships.

These two responses by @MalStrom have clear steps to make one's way through current problems or to exercise wisdom and forestall future ones.

When Mom Became Mil..
    Sibling Keep Poking And Hurting

I am glad that shorter posts are also getting nominated for FP. For long, only longer ones have been nominated. Thank you @Thyagarajan and @Laks09.

Thyagarajan, Laks09 and MalStrom like this.
  8. Rihana

Thank you Viswa for bringing to FP posts by members who are not often nominated. Finding such posts takes a bit more of time, attention and actually remembering to nominate the post after making a mental bookmark.
    Always a pleasure to see posts by @akshaya452, be it older threads bumped up or this brand new one:
    10 Years Of Marriage How To Keep Spice Up

They say don't fix what ain't broken. But, when it comes to marriage, the best time to strengthen the foundation is when all is going fine. A timely and candid reminder from @akshaya452.

One of the most insightful and inspiring posts I've ever read in IL:
    Adoption by @msbram

On a delicate and life altering topic like adoption, such posts are beautiful to come by -- real experience filled with caution, advice and the joy that adoption can bring. It was so heartwarming to read how the entire clans on both sides were supporting and involved in the adoption.

Laks09 and MalStrom like this.
  9. Laks09

@Rihana
    When a perfect post just shows up on your feed, it’s a sign. Especially when I have been thinking in those terms myself. @DDream has posted the perfect remedy for when one ought to mind one’s own business at How To Keep My Mouth Shut
    I’ve tried so many times in the past to not comment about other people and failed miserably. Now I know my business is mine and everyone else in the family have to work on their own stuff. Yet, I need reminders from time to time, like today!
    Understanding boundaries and controlling the urge to say something are such important steps to have continuing relationships with siblings and extended families. Especially when we are no longer in the first circle.

Detach is the mantra here. I need to learn this too and in many places.

Her entire post is worth quoting and narrating. I would love to nominate the same for FP. Thank you Ddream for yet another good one!

Rihana and Viswamitra like this.
  10. Rihana

ICC - Interesting Content Creator who starts the most delightful of conversations. They make us go down memory lane or imagination street. The way the thread is created it keeps our journey gentle and light.

We need a browser extension or something to collectively nominate all threads that @anika987 starts. : )

This particular thread: What Makes You Truly Happy? What Did You Lose Interest In?, is an easy one to respond to, as it needs only a few list items that are quite easy to recall. It had Thyagu compiling one of the most endearing lists ever shared.

Laks09, anika987 and Thyagarajan like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.