Finest Post-'May Winner'

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Kamla, Jun 1, 2007.

1. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Hello all!

It is with much pleasure and glee(!) that we announce the winner for the Finest Post for the month of May.

“Big” Issues and “Tall” Stories by Manjureddy!

Even thinking about this post will bring a smile to the face and is that not a refreshing experience? These days, in a world filled with strife and trouble and watching news is akin to a horror show, it is indeed a respite to sit back and read something that makes you laugh.

Besides, Manju has shown that with a bit of humor, one will be able to face any type of challenge, even if vertical! It is indeed a hightime we looked at ourselves with honesty and learn to take our shortcomings (or long!) in our stride and with a healing dose of humor.

Also, a special mention must be made about the writing style of Manjureddy. She writes with a flourish and the words seem to cast a spell on all the readers. Also, it is not an easy task to make people laugh and she does that with ease. A highly talented writer indeed and we hope she brings us many more such entertaining and thought provoking posts.

Big and Tall Congratulations to you, Manjureddy!

Love and Regards,
    Vidya and Kamla

Link to the post: http://www.indusladies.com/forums/snippets-of-life/7354-big-issues-and-tall-stories.html

Last edited: Jun 1, 2007

2. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear friends,

To choose just one post as the best of the month is proving to be tough!

Vidya’s post on Morality is one of distinction.
    “And so spins the world on its axis of morals. Mind you, the rotation is on a tilted axis”
    The above line can belong to an unparalleled quotable of quotes! It is with much regret that I avoided naming it as the Finest of the month. The reason for it is obvious and very valid!

Malathijagan ‘s “Had the Roses chosen to wither” was touching and thought provoking. Malathi is enthralling IL’ites continuously with her lovely and sensitive poems and leaves us wanting for more.

As we saw how the young dil in Marisa took pains to please her in-laws, all of us wanted to join hands with her and help her out in any which way . Though seeking help, she has actually led all the dils of IL in the right direction of affection and love towards..yes, in-laws, through this unique post of her’s. An eye-opener.

Vivbass too raised a very valid and pertinent question through her post , After the Age of 50. Highly thought provoking.

I am sure that Chithra’s posts will be a constant contender every month. Need we mention more about her contributions?

All the same, just one can be chosen. But all are winners, any doubt about that? No!

L, Kamla

Last edited: Jun 1, 2007
  3. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Manju(reddy),

Congratulations! It is a well deserved win and IL is much finer with this post by you. It is a rare feat to make others laugh with original ideas and personal thoughts and you have done just that. You have always regaled us with your words and in the past, they have found praise from starwalts like our resident writer Varalotti and Cheeniya, besides many ,many ILites. This win makes it more evident.

I really enjoyed reading your post and re-reading it for good measure.

It takes quality to recognise quality and we thank Mrs ChitVish for first identifying and nominating Manju's post. We also thank the many other ILites who endorsed this nomination and made the decision easier and pleasant.

1 person likes this.
  4. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

congrats manju,
    i think my card says all.. all the best..regards sunkan

Last edited: Nov 6, 2007
  5. Malathijagan

Malathijagan Silver IL'ite

Congratulations to Manju and also the moderators who have done a good job!
    Vidya’s post on Morality is one of distinction.
    “And so spins the world on its axis of morals. Mind you, the rotation is on a tilted axis”
    The above line can belong to an unparalleled quotable of quotes! It is with much regret that I avoided naming it as the Finest of the month.
    I agree with Kamla 100 % when shesaid the above words about Vidhya's post on Morality.
    On the whole IL is attracting great writers and it is "Win All" for all the registered members because they get to the benefit of a magazine without having to pay for it!
    Kudos to IL Team!

6. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Manjureddy,
    Congratulations !
    Since I nominated your post for the contest, I am so thrilled as if I am also a winner !
    Keep more such enjoyable posts coming !
    The best is yet to be !
    Love,
    Chithra.

7. hasita

hasita Bronze IL'ite

Congratulations Manju!
    Your article was indeed enjoyable,
    And I must say you have a flair for writing!
    congrats once again,
    best,
    hasita

8. vivbass

vivbass Gold IL'ite

Dear Manju congrats.:2thumbsup:

9. cheer

cheer Silver IL'ite

Dear Manju,

Congratulation:2thumbsup: . I loved ur post & expecting more like it to come frm U.

10. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

Dear Manju,

Congratulations. A well deserved win indeed. No everyone has the gift to write humour, and you are indeed endowed with it.
    Would like to see you here in IL more often though.

Rgds
    Vandhana

1 person likes this.