Finest Post- June Nominations

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Vidya24, Jun 2, 2007.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear all,
    With just a day to go, I found out another good post which I am pleased to privileged to nominate as the finest post of June,2007. The post is "Stranger In The Midst" written by vmur (vidya). It has all the elements of a good thriller and when you scroll down for the final ending, you get the real shock. The lesson is powerfuly burnt into our beings. Have a look at it and tell me if I am right.

Here's the link
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/f...kes/9095-stranger-in-our-midst.html#post84427
    regards,

2. Manjureddy

Manjureddy Gold IL'ite

Hi
    I just read Vmur's "Stranger in our midst" and immediately dashed to this section to say that I read, I liked and hence, I nominate it for the Fine Post Category. Its a wonderfully written article. Most enjoyable. ( I see that Varalotti has raced ahead of me)

manjula

4 people like this.
  3. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Varalotti,

Thank you for nominating a thrilling post by Vidya (Vmur).

Infact, I had not seen this post till you nominated it. Quite proves the philosophy of the Finest -Posts that it is not just to read and enjoy, but also spread the good word round.

Glad to note that you have made many genuine good nominations in June from posts of Manjureddy, Malathijagan,Vmur. Keep going, we still have more than 30 hours to go!!!!

Last edited: Jun 29, 2007
    4 people like this.
  4. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Manjula,

Thank you for nominating a suspense filled post by Vidya(Vmur). Those who write well seem to have an eye and appreciation for good words/works. Keep nominating.

1 person likes this.
  5. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Vidya,

thanks a lot for those words of praise. But it is my duty to point out a very glaring omission in the list of my nominations you have given. It is none other than your post, which I nominated for the second time, on the issue of morality which you wrote in my thread, Provoked By Cheeniya.....

This corrective post is born out of my anxiety of omitting that very good post.

Regards,

1 person likes this.
  6. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Varalotti,

Thank you!

It was not a glaring omission on my part and definitely not a modest omission. Did you note that I used the word 'genuine good' to describe the other nominations you have made? That says it all.

Since we are now indexing posts, any nomination will be preserved for posterity even with being nominated just once.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2007
  7. vmur

vmur Silver IL'ite

Dear All,

Thanks to all who nominated "Stranger in our midst". I am glad that you enjoyed reading "Stranger in our midst", however, I received this as a forward from one of my friends. Hence I cannot take the credit for writing this.

Therefore I think it will be unfair for other budding writers in this forum if this forwarded article of mine is nominated for Finest posts of IL. So please remove the nomination for this.

I do not mean to offend those who nominated "Stranger in our midst".

Thanks
    Vidya

8. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Dear Vidya(vmur),

Thank you for this post. We appreciate your honesty in this matter. The post was enjoyable nontheless.

We hope you will return to this thread with nominations. Hope Germany is going good on you.

9. Malathijagan

Malathijagan Silver IL'ite

As the last day of June has approached, I would like to nominate a few more posts. The exchange of FBs between Kamla, Tamil and Sridhar and ann article posted by Janani way back in 2005 which I happened to read just today-"Some day, I wish to have a beautiful mind"...
    This site seems to be a treasure trove where the more you dig the more precious gems we seem to find! I am still exploring this mine of wealth!

2 people like this.
  10. Tamildownunder

Tamildownunder Bronze IL'ite

1 person likes this.