1. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

Finest Post- June Nominations

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Vidya24, Jun 2, 2007.

1. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Varalotti,

Thanks for nominating Manjureddy's post in your thread. By doing so, you did me a great favor:) I had not noticed that thread and with this nomination, I raced to your forum and read that wonderful thread. Our friend Manju is specially blessed with a talent to write and how! I cannot forget to thank you for that post though...have to give credit where it belongs! Have to think of the saying....Birds of a feather, flock together:)

L, Kamla

PS: Thanks for including me in your elite circle, you are too kind. I know where I stand!

2. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mythili,

Thanks for nominating Padma's post. It is heart wrenching when young children are misused and suffer. They are our future, after all, how can anyone be callous to a child? Too sad.

L, Kamla

3. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

I nominate cheeniya's "I felt like a worm." for the finest post of June. We all might have experienced situations like that and would have felt helpless to do something.Oushpavalli

4. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Mrs Pushpa,

Thank you for nominating a magnificent piece by Cheeniya. It is always a pleasure to read his works.

5. Jey

Jey Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I want to nominate Preethi's new comer guide as one of finest posts in IL.
    A New Comer to IndusLadies ? - Tips for you.

When new members arrive at the site they needed a little handholding to get comfortable with IL. Preethi understood the need for this and promptly started this thread. She distilled her experience into a very helpful post that can be understood by any new comer.

She understood that "participation" is what will make a new comer assimilate into the community and have made that point loud and clear in her thread.

We felt this was such a good idea that whenever a new member registers in our community, in their welcome email, we provide a link to this thread. For a lot of new IL'ites this is the first thread they will ever read. Thank you Preethi for this wonderful contribution.

6. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Jey,

Thank you for this nomination. Preethi's Guide to Newcomers is one that is useful to every new member trying to find her feet around IL. Must say, you have a ken for picking good ones, you nominated Shanti for the Golden Rules.

1 person likes this.
  7. chitrajan

chitrajan Bronze IL'ite

8. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Chitra(jan),

Thank you for nominating the reply by Manjureddy. I also read thru it, it is a fine piece indeed.

4 people like this.
  9. honeybee

honeybee Gold IL'ite

Dear friends
    I would like to nominate Dewdrop's reply in the thread "Want to stay separate because of MIL dominance " for the finest post of June.

The emphasis on patience and reference to a willow tree are awesome.:)

Here's the link..
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/83963-post10.html

regards
    Honeybee

10. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Honeybee,

Thanks for nominating Dewdrop's post. We have many dils in this forum and a good advice is always welcome and helpful. Dewdrop's post is very well written and the lines you quoted are praiseworthy.
    Well, both of you have ids acquired from nature and sound lyrical:) Dewdrop's similie in her post is apt to her name:))

L, Kamla