1. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

Finest Post- June Nominations

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Vidya24, Jun 2, 2007.

1. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Cheeniya,

That was a very touching post.

Cheeniya sir, your fingers are too full of youthfullness and it dances with delight when it touches the keys! Please, do not underestimate them. Mark my words, many dazzling stones from Tiffany's and De' Beers are going to adorn them and light up our forums:) And for a looooong time to come!

As for the nominations, this thread has dual purpose:) Everyone can nominate whatever post that impresses them. Who wrote it is immaterial. See, like I said in the above post, by noting a nomination here, the natural next move is to read that post/thread. And is that not a reward in itself both for the writer of the post and for the reader? This way, all the valuable and interesting posts get a better viewership which may otherwise get lost in the traffic of the posts.
    Also, in this regard, please view the thread below and esp the posts : nos 40-52.
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/finest-posts-of-il/6300-finest-posts-april-nominations-4.html

Other than that, we respect your sentiments about choosing a good post by our IL members as the Finest and thus pave a way to better and interesting contributions by one and all.

But, let us have the pleasure of nominating everyones' posts for the benefit of all.

Love and regards,
    Kamla

1 person likes this.
  2. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Hi ILites,

This is wrt to the posts by Cheeniya requesting that his posts may not be nominated and Kamla's reply.

What I bark,Kamla whispers with such grace and finesse that I can hardly add or emphasise anything, except totally endorse Kamla's reply to Cheeniya. On many occasions, I have asked ILItes to nominate posts by Mrs ChitVish, Varalotti and Cheeiya for the simple reason that these three are the most prolific and profound resource persons in Indusladies. Their posts contain many, many lessons of life which will be useful to all memebers.

Let me elucidate here. The number of members who have profited and whose quality of lives have improved by Mrs ChitVish's recipes, slokas and spiritual articles is countless. The members who log in on Wedensdays and Saturdays just to get the hot copy of Varalotti's articles and stories has been increasing by the day. And last and definitely the latest jewel in IL, the man in discussion,Cheeniya has raised many,many eyebrows, guffaws and thoughts with his words on Old Age Homes, Names-just to name a few.

These days the traffic in IL has increased with forwards taking the lead. While it is good to share meaningful forwards, we also welcome and enjoy original posts that elevate the standard and substance of our site. And we do not want ANY fine post (past, present,future) to be missed out this cos there were too many posts. The ideal of this Finest Post thread is hardly to award and reward, though that is what we do on a practical basis. The raison d'etre of the Finest Posts is to increase the volume of good posts read by our members, and enable the site to enhance the quality of lives of her members. To quote Jey for the nth time, the motto is simple, 'I read, I like, I nominate'. To that I add,
    'I read, I like, I nominate, I share'. I dont think we need any more explanations.

Cheeniya, we appreaciate that you do not seek self promotion. But as Kamla has pointed out with relevant links, it has been agreed upon that though the posts of Mrs Chitvish, Varalotti and Cheeniya will not be considered for prizes, we request members to read and nominate them.

May I close this long post requesting all members to continue nominating all posts which you feel are worthy.

3. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamla and Vidya
    Like Ramses, the First says in the Ten Commandments about his dear Moses, 'So it shall be written and so it shall be done', you have spelt out very clearly about the purpose of nomination and I bow to your reasoned explanation.
    I write in IL because it gives me great joy. I feel greater joy when I interact with my readers and I take every post very seriously and give everyone of them a reply to the best of my ability. In the evening of my life when my shadow keeps lengthening and getting darker, nothing gives me more cheer than interacting with people.
    I delve into my past in the trace of my lengthening shadow and bring out as many incidents as I consider interesting and good enough to share with you all. Having said all this, I must also you tell you of the pressures high expectations can bring on!
    Look at what has happened to Tendulkar!
    Sri

4. Manjureddy

Manjureddy Gold IL'ite

My nominations:

1. Ambika Ananth's lovely, from-the-heart treatise on Love. Titled: "Love, the primal rhythm of Life" posted 13 Frbruary 2007 in Snippets section.

2. Malathy Jagan's much loved recent poem on the sad rose. Also Malathy Jagan's "The Painter Par Excellence" ( poem) that appeared on 28th.May. It revels in wonderment ; and that childlike sense of wonder, in my opinion, is the foremost prerequisite for a poetic soul.

3. Sunkan's " Where are my open arms" , a pensive piece bemoaning the loss of the human touch in today's busy life. ( Dated : 7 june 07, Snippets) and "Nostalgic memory of another day" (27 April 07), a very well written piece, all heart and soul.

4. Vinu for her FB to the thread "Where did love disappear?" posted on 18 Aug.05
    Quote: "Love doesn't disappear anywhere, it is within ourselves and we need to know how to make it." "...to have love in life forever, couples need to know to accept each other as they are..."
    A short FB, but containing the wisdom propounded by a guru like Sri Sri Ravishankar !

5. Sathya's "Bits of Paper " 13 Dec 06. Interesting snippet , highly readable .

manjula

Last edited: Jun 17, 2007
  5. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Manjureddy,

Thanks for your great nominations. It sure brought a couple of posts to my attention. We look forward to such encouragements.

L, Kamla

4 people like this.
  6. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Most Gracious ILites,

As I posted SHE 8 I was worried about its acceptability. I wondered whether the discussion about sexual pleasures narrated in detail might offend the sensibilities of the ladies over here.

In one of my replies I asked Kamla to give her opinion on the content. In her reply she had first advised me as to what a writer should care about, and more importantly what he should not. Giving a wide range of references from AJ Cronin to Leo Tolstoy, Kamla has said what is salacious is highly relative and is dependent on the cultural and the educational background of the concerned person.

I liked her way of putting her views across and above all the powerful summing up in the following words:

"I think some of the problems with our Metro kids is also due to the lack of proper direction and instruction in man-woman relationships. When you take away the myth, the allure is not so tempting. Hope I do not offend anyone with these thoughts and if I do, I beg your pardon."

I deem it my privilege to nominate her reply as the finest post of June, 2007.
    Here's the link:
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/saturdays-with-varalotti/8603-she-episode-8-a-3.html#post76416

regards,

7. vidhi

vidhi Senior IL'ite

8. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Varalotti, Vidhi,

Thank you both for nominating Kamla's post in SHE 8. Kamla has always had a talent to paint a rainbow with her words, and she always bases that on much sense and substance. Her posts are always a treasure.

9. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sridhar,

If I wrote that post in your thread, the credit of it goes solely to you! Thanks for the kind words and nomination.

L, Kamla

10. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vidhi,

Thanks for nominating my post. That post was inspired by Varalotti's questioning. The line he quoted was the result of a friendship my daughter had with a girl who also worked at the place where my daughter did her internship. That girl was impressed with my daughter who did not get carried away with the partying and drinking that went on in B'lore among the staff in their after work hours. It seems she also told her that lots of girls in India go too far and some are not even aware of the consequences as there is no educated approach to sexual behaviour in India. Mind you, this happened more than a decade ago. I know India is changing rapidly and I hope today the young go about these things with more awareness.

L, Kamla