Finest Post- June Nominations

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Vidya24, Jun 2, 2007.

1. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Chitrajan,

Me three!! Well, like you and Vidya, even I enjoyed reading those posts immensely. Good nominations.

L, Kamla

2. sania

sania New IL'ite

thanks 4 startin such contests...ev1 shud participate in such contests
    :goodidea:

3. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Dear Sania,

Welcome to Indusladies! And yes indeed, you should participate in this contest too. Please read thru the posts (any forum, any time) and nominate the ones you feel inspire you,amuse you. And please remember to make your own original posts too, so that other can read and maybe nominate them for Finest Posts.:2thumbsup:

4. vidhi

vidhi Senior IL'ite

Dear Vidya

I would like to nominate the following post from a new member Anu.
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/74514-post2.html

After reading so many threads about old age with different opinions so many thought cropped in my mind. Yes there was a healthy discussion about this which I liked. But at the end of it I would like to have a heart of Anu when taking care of my old ones at the same time placing me in their position. I liked her post very much. Thought every one should read it. So I posted it here. Hope you all like it.

regards
    vidhi

Last edited: Jun 14, 2007
  5. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Vidhi,

Thank you for nominating a touching and meaningful post by Anu. We look forward to more such posts, and more such nominations.

1 person likes this.
  6. shreyasri

shreyasri New IL'ite

dear friends,

thanks for mentioning my post (fb) here. i am happy you liked it. thanks to 'sri' dronacharya for inspiring that post thru his thread.

being left with very little time for personal interests, what i have read on IL is just a handful. not having read many posts disqualifies me from comparing or making a nomination. yet, i was deeply moved by malathijagan's creation, 'had the roses chosen to wither'.
    the reason.. she has awakened us to a social crisis that looms large ,of late. her poem has a meaningful message that everybody has to read. it is also a reminder to parents- providing our children with the best education and healthy food is not enough; it is imperative to fortify their minds as they grow up, so that they can smoothly glide thru' problems as independent individuals.

so, my choice is mj's post.

shreyasri

11 people like this.
  7. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Shreyashri,

Thank you for nominating Malathijagan's poem. Especially liked the reasons you give to substantiate your vote. And must add, that I too enjoyed reading your FB in Cheeniya's thread.

8. Laxmi

Laxmi Administrator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hello all

I nominate Sriniketan for starting an interesting discussion. The thread is novel that has the potential for interesting contents and the real life experiences of blunders into major hits make a good read.

Kitchen Blunders

Last edited: Jun 15, 2007
    1 person likes this.
  9. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear ILites
    I thought that in the month of introduction of this scheme that the posts of Chitvish, Varalotti and myself were not to be considered but I found that Chitvish had nominated a post of mine for the contest!
    I reiterate my request that my posts need not be considered for this contest ever! Not because I consider myself a Rajnikanth of Indusladies but because awards will mean a lot more to youngsters by way of motivation. Everyone writing in IL has tremendous potential to blossom into a great writer.
    Why should anyone think of a hand that can hardly hold a pen or touch the right key on the keyboard be considered for a gold ring? That hand may become silent even before the ring arrives!
    Please leave me out of this competition. Let us encourage young writers. They have a lot of time to hone their writing skills further!
    Sri

1 person likes this.
  10. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Laxmi,

Your's was a very good and worthy nomination. I had not noticed that thread till it was nominated here by you. So, that serves the purpose of this thread, doesn't it?
    I have now gone through that thread and feel the same way about it like you do. It sure is a winning thread.
    Good job Sriniketan:)

L, Kamla

1 person likes this.