Finest Post- June Nominations

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Vidya24, Jun 2, 2007.

1. Malathijagan

Malathijagan Silver IL'ite

I feel a lot of entries, especially that of Chithvish, Cheeniya sir and Varalotti deserve to win hands down. so I am in a dilemma as to which one I should nominate. All their writings are too good and professional.
    I liked Sudha Narasimhachar,e write up on "Is Cauvery mine or yours" where she earnestly peses the question-" why don’t we realize that life this way is more enjoyable than leading lives within limited territorial boundaries ever under threat of invasion/intrusion? "
    Then Varalotti's " An accountant, a flask,his wife and her tailor" sent me rolling over with laughter!,"crisis management-how to cope" by Chithvish , Cheeniya,s "Motivation of a different kind " where I could see from a different point of view that I had not believed in etc etc.
    I need to go through a lot more write ups before I can point out-"This was the best I liked".As for now, my nominations are for the above.But in the month end I will nominate the best among my chosen bests!
    I have not fully gone through Articles and write-ups and poets place yet due to lack of time.
    Regards

2. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Malathi(jagan),

Wow! Thanks a million! A galore of nominations - each one a winner in its own right. Please continue to nominate from now till end of the month. Thanks again.

3. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Most Gracious ILites,

I reiterate my nomination for May for June as well. Of course I refer to Vidya's post appearing in the thread, "Provoked by Cheeniya....."
    Here's the link:
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/w...ti/7435-provoked-by-cheeniya-lady-room-2.html

I started the thread almost on a flippant note. There were some humorous and some serious responses. But Vidya summed up not just the discussion of the thread, but the entire world's discussion on morality by her short post. When she concluded

"And so spins the world on its axis of morals. Mind you, the rotation is on a tilted axis-----"
    believe me ladies I gave a standing ovation to that post.

After writing hundreds of stories, most of which contain some kind of a message on morality or other, I can say from my experience that it is extremely difficult to talk about morality without getting preachy or without getting the nasty "holier than thou" attitude. That Vidya was able to deliver the message without falling into either of these traps is proof enough of her seasoned, much-honed writing skills.

Her words are timeless. So I will be nominating that post month after month. The idea is to get as many people as I can to read those words so that they can uphold standards of morality without feeling any sense of guilt.

regards,

4. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Varalotti,

Thank you for this nomination.

We hope all ILites will flood in with more nominations for June.

5. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Dear ILites,

We request, implore (ardently) that all ILites rush in, flock in with their nominations. Please go thru all posts from the time Indusladies was started and pick the ones that teach you something new, reinforce a thought or conviction, or even one that turns you on.

Dont forget to nominate the posts of our timeless resource persons like Mrs ChitVish, Varalotti and Cheeniya. You can nominate any post that you wish to share round.

2 people like this.
  6. chitrajan

chitrajan Bronze IL'ite

7. chitrajan

chitrajan Bronze IL'ite

8. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Dear Chitra(jan),

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! for your three worthy nominations.These happen to be three that I also read and enjoyed.

Hoping that more ILites will write in with multiple nominations.

9. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Malathi,

Almost any post of Chitvish, Varalotti and Cheeniya are exemplary and worth reading. I am not surprised that you are at loss to choose one among them:)
    Thanks for nominating and throwing attention on those posts.

L, Kamla

1 person likes this.
  10. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Varalotti,

You did it! You beat us all at it.
    "So I will be nominating that post month after month."...... With this sentence, you seem to have found an excellent way to make your nomination a winner, month after month!!
    Thank you Varalotti for your energetic participation in this thread. With such enthusiasm, I have no doubt that this thread will be a winner. The purpose of this thread to make everyone aware of the good contributions we have from various members and what more can we ask when members like you give such a support.
    I too think Vidya's post was a gem and should be read by all. Thanks again for the nomination.

L, Kamla