1. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

Finest Post- June Nominations

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Vidya24, Jun 2, 2007.

1. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Dear ILites,

We just concluded another brilliant contest on Finest Posts- May with ManjuReddy winning for her wonderfully hilarious post.

Please keep this thread brimming with your nominations for the Finest Post -June Nominations. This contest will be vibrant only if all of you read the posts from the time IL started and nominate them here. By drawing attention to posts that you feel are excellent, you will be improving and increasing the number of readers, and above all help Indusladies to be more useful to members.

Even though Mrs ChitVish, Cheeniya and Varalotti Rengasamy have asked for their posts not to be considered for the contest, please continue to nominate their posts here. They are the most productive resource persons in Indusladies and the more we read of them, the better we get.

Please, please keep the nominations flooding in.

2. meenu

meenu Bronze IL'ite

Re: Finest posts - May nominations!

My Nomimnation for June is malathijagan's poem",had the roses begun to wither".
    Regards,
    Meenu

3. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

4. Tamildownunder

Tamildownunder Bronze IL'ite

Dear Meenu,

I do agree with you. It is a very good poem and my nomination for finest post of June goes to this poem by Malathijagan.

Regards,

TDU

5. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Raman (TamilDownunder) and ILites,

Raman- Thank you for nominating Malathijagan's poem again. I remember that you had nominated it for May also.

We request all ILites to nominate posts regardless of when they were posted. Some ILites prefer to wait till the end of the month to nominate, so that they have a perspective of all posts made in the current month. This contest, though renewed every month is open to all posts made in IL regardless of when they were made. So, even if you see a post made in 2005 and find it worthy and worth sharing, please nominate it.

Ideally this contest is not just about nominating and rewarding a/the Finest Month every month. This thread is also about quality control, let us say the ISO 9000 thread of IL. I quote Jey here who pinned the philosophy of this thread, 'I read, I like, I nominate'. This thread is about reading more into the posts of IL, nominating ones you like so that others get a chance to see them and read them too. For at times, posts can get missed in the traffic.

And for this very reason, we request you to continue nominating the posts of Mrs ChitVish, Varalotti Rengasamy and Cheeniya. Their posts contain many lessons of life and we could all do well reading and re-reading them.

Please keep this thread bouncing with nominations.

6. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Well said Vidya. A very good guidelines for our members to follow.

True, the purpose of the Finest Post of the Month is for the members to recommend the posts that they have read and enjoyed and found instructive and think it fit to be the Finest Post, thus giving a good exposure to it so all the members get to enjoy the same. The final nomination at the end of the month also provides incentive to members to contribute quality posts thus increasing the overall caliber of our forums.

Besides, everyone need not restrict themselves with just one nomination. It is possible that sometimes we are impressed with more than one contribution. You can go ahead and nominate two or more if it really makes an impact on you.

So please go ahead and name your favorites from present and past.
    We are waiting for the nominations to rush in and let's await the rocking posts to rock this forum:)

L, Kamla

7. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Friends,
    I wish to nominate the following middle by Cheeniya for the best post this month

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/cheeniyas-senile-rambling/5606-a-court-jester-board-room.html

We all know Cheeniya's speciality is humour. But this particular post is heavily laced with such enjoyable brand. Since this was posted by him before he was allotted a sub-forum, this seems to have gone, unnoticed, sadly !

Sri, you surpass yourself in every post, as you send more & more !:tongue

Love,
    Chithra.

8. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Mrs ChitVish,

Thank you for nominating a humourous and meaningful post by Cheeniya. We hope others will follow suit and keep this thread flooded with nominations.

9. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear All,

I want to reiterate my May nomination of Malathi Jagan's poem for June as well. The poem transcends the test of time, and if it is good in May, it looks only better in June. It's my privilege to have read such a touching poem and my pleasure to nominate it as the finest post of IL for the month of June.
    Here's the link
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/indian-poems/8006-had-the-roses-chosen-wither.html

regards,

10. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Varalotti,

Thank you for nominating Malathijagan's beautiful and inspirational poem for the month of June as well. Yes, as you say, a thing of beauty is a joy forever-be it May or June.

We hope other ILites will also rush in with their nominations of the posts they enjoy.