Finest Post-December 2007 Nominatons

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Kamla, Dec 2, 2007.

1. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

Hi Vidya,

Been busy on the home and school front this past week. But here goes , i start with my first nomination:

Lone Survivor by Jaishree9

Jaishree has beautifully taught us a valuable lesson on life , by the merely comparing it with her observations of her little aquarium at home. We do get a feel for what allour elders must be going through in this busy lifestyle of ours, and a gentle reminder from her, not to ignore them and make them feel lonely.

Vandhana

2. Tulasi

Tulasi Silver IL'ite

Dear Kamala and Vidya,

I would like to nominate
    Calling 911 and its impact by Punitha.
    I think Puni explained her own experiences of the impact of calling 911. It will be useful for other ladies who are in dilemma whether to call or not to decide on pros and cons. I really appreciate puni's efforts on this thread.

Thanks
    Tulasi

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2007
  3. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Friends,
    I nominate
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/me-and-my-spouse/16968-do-u-discuss-everything-ur.html
    There is nothing great, one might think, in that thread to be nominated.
    But I am very happy with the frankness , we ILites, share with eachother, our innermost thoughts and ideas. It is, threads like this, that make our IL bond very strong !
    Such freedom of expression about one's spouse, is what makes that thread stand out.
    Ria2006 - I have become a fan to your writing !
    Love,
    Chithra.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2007
  4. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Dear Vandhana,

Thank you for picking a sensitive piece by Jaishree9. Jaishree has connected some simple domestic observations from a fish tank to 'survival of the fittest' and then the loneliness of the elderly. She is one imaginative and soulful writer.

Vandhana, we know you had a happy,busy week in school. May I use this forum to congratulate your brilliant son Anirudh (and his proud yet modest mom) on topping the Geo Bee contest! May more laurels follow for both of you.

affly
    Vidya

5. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Hello Tulasi,

Thank you for nominating a very useful post. Puni88 is a prolific writer whose posts get nominated almost every month. In this post, she has listed the perils of hastily dialling 911 in the spur of the moment. A very useful, annalytical post since she talks about how a snap-moment dialling could affect lives, careers and marriages.

Thank you for identifying a very valuable post.

regards

6. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Mrs ChitVish,

Thank you for nominating a whole thread that has sparked off from simple yet searching question. Yes, it is crucial how much and what we share with a spouse or with anyone for that matter. Ria, in her replies in that thread and has explained her views, her feelings very candidly yet not hurting anyone's feelings. A good thread with lively and open participation by all the members.

7. Malathijagan

Malathijagan Silver IL'ite

8. Malathijagan

I second this post too. The end was beautiful-philosophical and emotional too.

9. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Dear Malathi,

Good to have a nomination by you, thank you for choosing a humourous piece by Malspie. Mals has a way with everything from the transit of Jupiter, to where not to place mirrors, to lil girls vending in local trains to this piece. She has found sincere, simple humour in death and offering condolence. As always, a good piece.

Thanks again for pointing to a good read. As a good writer yourself, you pick good nominations.

regards

10. Malathijagan

Yes,'A pleasant love' was indeed a touching story, simple in narration but rich in emotion.it is worth nominating all so since the writer of all writers has nominated it too! I would have missed it!
    Rgds
    Malathi