Finest Post-December 2007 Nominatons

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Kamla, Dec 2, 2007.

1. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vidya,
    I just want to share my life experience and my views about life with the elites. If there is an iota of a good thing to learn for any one from this, that itself would be the greatest award. Further there are many youngsters, who write beautifully with profound knowledge and I feel that they should be encouraged. My post, " The most memorable travel experience." was adjudged the best entry for the month of May. Hence my humble request to you not to include my entries for competition.
    Love,
    Pushpavalli

2. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Malspie,

Thank you for a nomination by an excellent writer who made us think. Puni seems to have a way with throwing moral and intellectual challenges at us. A great piece indeed.

regards
    Vidya

3. padmasowrirajan

padmasowrirajan Senior IL'ite

Dear Pushpa,
    I nominated it because your narration deserve's to be. If not for the competition and winning, at least it should reach the nomination list, which will help others, who might have missed to read that piece in the heavy traffic. So, please i hope you understand my intension and i am happy that you are giving way for youngsters....
    Ungal ennathukku :bowdown

Dear vidya,
    Thank you for asking Mrs. Pushpa for the reason. I was planning to do it myself. Yes, as you have said, its deserved to be nominated!

4. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Dear friends,

Never thought I would write another post in FP like this- nominating a piece that has slid gently, moist with unshed tears and delivered with a brave smile- as usual a rainbow in words.

It gives me enormous pleasure to nominate this post by my gentle and glamourous co-moderator, the good cop and the dutiful, loving daughter,Kamla.

Just venting------

Most of us who are daughter+ wife combos have had similar experiences and Kamla has managed to seek her solace in words.

I know that I said I will never nominate a post in FP. And I know that Kamla has asked her posts not be considered for the contest. What is a contest after all, in front of a soul warming, soul searching post like this?

Read,ladies and read again. A tribute to motherhood and love and living--

Just venting------

regards
    Vidya24

5. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vidya!!!

Now that is Preposterous!!!!!!!

First of all, you cannot nominate! (nor can I!!)
    Secondly, we cannot nominate each other!!
    Thirdly and most importantly, it was just that, a venting. I cannot say it was a literary work or give laurels to imagination!!!

But Vidya, I knew it would touch all of us, this being a woman's forum mainly and all of us being bonded with this love for our mothers :)

Thanks friend for breaking so many rules for me!:biggrin2:

Hugs....Kamla

6. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

K,

There is a thrill in breaking the law and enjoying it in the process.I know I am breaking rules! Makes me feel very wicked and naughty! Infractions- come my way----.

And very happy that such a sensitive post like Just venting------

is being read by more ILites who visit Finest Posts daily.

affly
    Vidya

7. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

Hi V 24,

Ok I bad cop V have to come down on you for breaking the rulestsktsk. So here I am RantRant about how you need to set an example to all other!!Big Laugh

In the mean time, I will step in and Nominate Kamla's thread " Just Venting"...Loved reading it, and yes, i was moping around thinking of mommie dearie......
    The others who have posted in the thread have brought in such words of wisom too. So i think the whole thread should be nominated, since each and everyone of them have poured their heart out, and the love for their Moms just comes through. Yes moms have faced all kinds of kids, from the docile obedient ones to the " amma pakkoda" types!!

So Here's to all the " IL ites Moms" living near or far, this finest thread is dedicated to all of you .

V

PS: Not adding a link here , since you have already given it .

Last edited: Dec 6, 2007
  8. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Padma,
    I have no objection to post it in short listed entries so that those who missed it can read.it.Thank you very much for your good intention.
    Love,
    Pushpavalli

9. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vandhana, our Bad Cop with a Big Heart!

Don't know about my nomination, but thanks for "dedicating to all the IL'ites Moms". I surely can appreciate that!:cheers

L, Kamla

10. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Hi Super Bad Cop Vandhana,

How about nominating some posts here? We miss you round these parts. Dont be a stranger.

regards
    Vidya