Finest Post-December 2007 Nominatons

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Kamla, Dec 2, 2007.

1. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear ILites!!

It is December, the last month of 2007!
    It feels like only the other day that we welcomed 2007 with much gusto! Lo behold....we are looking forward to a brand new year already!
    We at IL are also looking forward to a new set of nominations for this remarkable month.
    As we all now realize, we have many talented writers as our members and innovative people who are always coming up with new threads full of fresh ideas. Once in IL, none of us can complain of boredom. There is so much to learn, so much to read and so much to share. Last but not least, so much advice given by so many loving people. There is a lot for us to pick and choose.
    So here we go again, another month and another set of nominations. We are excited and looking forward to your nominations which fuels this forum.
    Remember, it is very simple......Your read, you like, you nominate.

With anticipation.......Vidya and Kamla

2. vidhi

vidhi Senior IL'ite

3. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamla and Vidya, The Wonderful Mods of This Wonderful Forum,

I am pleased to nominate Padmasowrirajan's Pleasant Love, a short story appearing in the Indian Stories section.

Here's the link
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/indian-stories/16692-a-pleasant-love.html

I pack my stories with incidents. But without much of twists and turns, this lady has written a beautiful story which surrounds you like a beautiful, soft breeze.

On the surface the story is about drinking and driving. But in reality it is about love; the highest form of love that can subsist between a man and a woman.

A bitter after-taste lingers in your mind long after you have completed reading the story. I think there lies the success of the author.

Regards,

4. padmasowrirajan

padmasowrirajan Senior IL'ite

Man , man, man!!!!
    What are you doing, Sridhar, you are really making me addicted and yearn for your nominations!!! You have just burdened me with increased expectations on myself by nominating yet another post!!!! Thanks a ton!

5. padmasowrirajan

padmasowrirajan Senior IL'ite

Dear Vidya/Kamla
    I would like to nominate Pushpavalli's "A murder in our family". The narration of the story and the real incident( in her husband's life) behind the writing, leaves my heart bleeding. She has brought out the tragedy that surrounded her Mil and DH in her words. No amount of consoling words can heal them. Only time is the healer.

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/snippets-of-life/16657-a-murder-in-our-family.html

6. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Padma,
    Thank you for nominating my thread, " A murder in our family." But I would request the moderators not to consider my posts for FP.
    Love,
    Pushpavalli

7. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Dear Vidhi,

Thank you for doing the HariShree of December nominations. You are one of our faithful supporters and a nomination by you, tells us that all is well with FP. And again, you pick the strongest posts. What is any woman without an identity which she etches for herself? A great post by Indhu.

regards
    Vidya

8. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,

Thank you for nominating an endearing story by Padmasowrirajan. Since you have a magic touch writing, I guess you have a magi touch spotting winners in writers. Padma has sketched a simple story of love,loss and life. A sheer breeze. Thank you for this nomination.

regards
    Vidya

9. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Dear Padmasowrirajan and Mrs Pushpavalli,

Padma- Thank you for a nomination that touches the hearts of every reader. I am impressed by the quiet yet dignified manner in which Mrs Pushpa has narrated this incident. Time and the universe can heal all hurt, still it takes much courage during that time to accept the healing.

Mrs Pushpa- I see that you have asked that yr posts need not be nominated. Is there any reason why you wish to exclude yopurself from this contest?

regards
    Vidya

10. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Dear Kamala and Vidya,

I would like to nominate the thread given below. Puni88 has made all of us wear our thinking caps with just few words. Is hiding - cheating?? The replies that have poured in the thread only throws more spectrum on the subject.
    Hiding a fact from a person cannot be cheating always?!!?

Did it make both of you think? If yes, the thread is worth the nomination.

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/snippets-of-life/16710-hiding-information-cheating.html