Finest Post - August2007 Nominations

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Kamla, Aug 3, 2007.

1. BhargaviChakravarthy

BhargaviChakravarthy Bronze IL'ite

A funny session is going on in the Nomination thread.Really enjoying.:-D :-D

2. Tamildownunder

Tamildownunder Bronze IL'ite

Dear BhargaviChakravarthy,

I am glad that you are enjoying the thread. Jokes apart, what I want to pint out is the finest post nominations should be based on quality of the post and not on quality of the person. I too have nominated Nischel's post since I find it interesting. But when Kamala added the 'polite' qualification for his nomination, it hurts me to think that my many posts have been ignored because of I am not polite. Again, I am not canvassing for me. But, I would like to request to the moderators of this forum not to take things personally.

Regards,

TDU

3. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear TDU ,

I am pained to know that you are hurt, for whatever reasons.
    First of all, a nomination to Finest Post is done by any of our members. You read, you like, you nominate.
    I have often repeated here that a mere nomination here already makes that post and the poster a winner. Because...someone has read that post and found it impressive enough to choose it for the Finest Post Nomination. The 'poster' has already won in the sense he/she made a deep impression.
    Regarding the following sentence of yours:
    "But when Kamala added the 'polite' qualification for his nomination,"
    ...I kindly request you to read my answer to Bhargavi Chakravarthy once more. I have acknowledged her nomination for the Finest Post and have simply mentioned my impression of respected Nischel's writings in general. It is not a recognition of his post as the winner of the month. And once again I repeat. Nischel has always been very polite in the way he addresses one and answers or writes a post. No more, no less.
    "it hurts me to think that my many posts have been ignored because of I am not polite"
    Dear TDU, please do not get wrong ideas as to why your posts have not been nominated. If it has to happen, it will. I think your new serial Galatta Marriage is getting a lot of appreciation. Your anecdotes are talked about and your stories have been impressive. It is just a matter of time. As to you not being polite, I do not think any one has suggested it even remotely, as to my knowledge.
    Above all, on behalf of Indusladies, I am really happy to know that the Finest Post has achieved such a special place in your heart.
    One last thing...please do remember that a post is chosen ONLY for the post's sake, not for the person behind it nor his/her mannerisms:)

L, Kamla

4. Tamildownunder

Tamildownunder Bronze IL'ite

Dear Kamala,

I am sorry for raising this issue and as you have mentioned it is because I value this forum. I am enjoying all the posts in IL and like a child I do expect that my posts are also appreciated and I know that it is being done. Thank you for all the kind words spoken about me.

Regards,

TDU

5. BhargaviChakravarthy

Dear kamla,
    hope all's well that ends well.Really ,speaking from my heart,you have taken initiatives to convince TdU sir,sorry not convincing,you have paid respect to his feelings.You again made it clear that nischel writes in a matured and humble manner.

For both kamala and TDU sir,
    I have nominated nischel's post only because of his wise approach to a problem.His exact reply to a thread and moreover the practical approach to that particular problem concerned.That is all.Just instead of simply nominating the post ,i feel that a little bit (truely)abt the particular post and the way he approaches the same if written would be better.It is just like adding decorations to a particular work.Definitely only the work will get rewards and not the decorations.as i said abt his approaches,not only in this matter concerned,generally a good approach to whatever things in life would help matters a lot.Whatever difficulties we face ,if approached in right way would solve those difficulties.I see many a person possesing unwanted ego:evil: ,using the quality of diplomacy in a wrong way.Please excuse me as I am deviating out of the topic.

Again Mr.TDU sir,
    I liked the funny session and your sense of humour and humourous talking:2thumbsup: .I want to continue with such jovial sessions.

Yours jovially,
    Bhargavi.:-D

6. Malathijagan

Malathijagan Silver IL'ite

7. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Bhargavi Chakravarthy,

Thank you for your support and encouragement.

L, Kamla

8. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Malathijagan,

Thank you for nominating Twinsmom's contribution. I should thank you doubly as I read her post after your nomination and enjoyed the wit and reasoning in it immensely. Our IL'ites never stop to amaze me.

L, Kamla

9. BhargaviChakravarthy

Hi,
    I would like nominate "One paragraph that explains life" by (SoSure,junior Ilite)
    Such a classical sentence that explains the irony of life.
    kamla,
    I havea doubt?can we nominate fromthe forum "Snippets of Life"

One paragraph that explains life.

10. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

:) Bhargavi and all,

Thank you for the nomination. I read the post 'One paragraph that explains life'. Sparkling!! Sure that So sure has made a valuable post.

Allow me to answer your query to Kamla. I am sure Kamla will also add her comments. The rules of Finest Posts stipulate that a forward will not be considered for the contest. That apart, I feel that any post in any forum can be nominated. The contest is a happy bi-product of this Finest Post forum. The prime idea is to make sure that members read more of the posts especially the ones that are useful and worth sharing. If you read a post, like it and want to share it- please do nominate it. We will do the whetting. What is more important and value enhancing is that more posts get nominated, more members get noticed and rewarded and more ideas and suggestions get pooled and shared.

I am taking a quick moment in IL after long and am finding the Finest Posts thread a ready reckoner to read the best in IL. So, thanks to all members who nominated.

And a special thanks (though she does not expect it) to Kamla for doing all the work in August by herself while her lazy co-mod gets to freak out in Onam festivities drimking palad pradaman, making pookalams and watching tiger dance---:2thumbsup: .

Promise you, K, I owe u big time.

regards