Finest Post-'April Winner'

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Kamla, May 1, 2007.

1. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Hello dear IL’ites,

It is THAT time. Yes, April has ended and we have the pleasure of announcing the Finest Post. Without much ado, here it is, our winner for the month of April:

“ Golden Rules for every Woman” by Shanthi.

This post struck directly the hearts and minds of IL’ites who are mostly women. This was a woman talking from personal experience and out of genuine concern for her fellow sisters.

The beauty of it is it shakes every woman out of her slumber and makes her realize that she is an individual first and foremost and needs to be cherished if she is to be of any help to all those whom she loves. In the hustle and bustle of life, we forget about ourselves. We want to be good to those around us who are dearest and closest to us. How is it humanely possible until we ourselves are feeling good?

As this forum has so many young housewives who are facing a spectrum of problems concerning in-laws and husbands, Shanthi’s post works almost like a manual for reference and it helps and invigorates the Woman in all. The much married older woman is no exception!

Not only did Shanthi contribute an excellent post, her post has also elicited excellent response from many IL’ites which only furthers the cause. Our forum is enriched with such contributions.

It was a pure pleasure to choose Shanthi’s post as the Finest.

Congratulations Shanthi!!!!

Love and Regards,
    Kamla & Vidya

Link to the post: http://www.indusladies.com/forums/marriage-spouse-and-in-laws/6207-golden-rules-for-every-woman.html

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2007

2. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Re: Finest Post-Some Thoughts

Dear friends,

Although it was a real pleasure to choose Shanthi’s Golden Rules for Every Woman as the finest post, believe you me, it was difficult to choose only one as the best from the excellent posts that were nominated.

As a matter of fact, the real beauty is that we all are winners in this thread for the Finest Post of the Month. Why? Because when one nominates a post here, everybody gets to notice the post and all of us get to read it and learn something new or enjoy a contribution immensely. So, there is always something to gain for all of us. It makes a winner out of all of us!

‘The Reality of Equality’ by Sudha Narasimhachar was a very thoughtful and a thorough study of womens’ status in the society. She had formulated it extremely well and it was a hard hitting article. Similarly, Malathijagan’s poems were excellent and went straight to our hearts and Sunkan too had contributed very interesting and entertaining articles. Though I have only mentioned a few of the nominations, all were gems in their own right.

But Shanthi’s Golden Rules was especially precious because it is something all of us women can at once put into practice and improve our personal lives where it most matters. It simply had to be the Golden Rules!

Dear friends, please continue the enthusiasm you showed for the next month too. When you spot something that touches you, bring it to the Finest Post nomination. We will all gain from it.

L, Kamla

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2007
  3. vidhi

vidhi Senior IL'ite

Dear Shanthi

My hearty congratulations on winning the contest for the Finest Post. The Golden Rules for women was indeed a very useful rule for many of us. You have mentioned all the points very neatly.

I have read all the post which is recommended for the finest post. And each one was unique in its way. Each post taught us something. So I congratulate all of you who have find a place in this thread. Wish you all the best for the next month.

regards
    vidhi

4. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

congrajulations shanthi,
    it was worth it, all my blessings to u to come forward and make this event even more sparkling with ur next month post,,,all the best...regards sunkan

5. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

My dear Shanthi,
    Please accept my hearty congratulations. Your post was excellent & you richly deserve the accolades coming your way.
    The best is yet to be !
    Love,
    Chithra.

6. Shanthi

Shanthi Silver IL'ite

Hello friends,
    I am so honoured. There are no words to describe this feeling. I am no writer. Reader yes. But not a writer. I do not have the creativity I see in so many of my fellow ILites here.

A month ago as I was browsing through the Marriage section in IL I came across yet another post from a house wife about how her husband doesn't pay attention to her and how she is always miserable with her kid. That used to be me. I had seen so many women feel the same way. So I decided to write about it. Everyone of those words in that article came from experience so I guess it struck a cord with a lot of women.

In India, it very selfish for a woman to think about her self, her happiness her indiviuality. It is always about the husband and the kids and the family. They make woman a martyr sacrificing her life in the process. Only when I came to US did I start thinking about how unfair that was. That it was OK for a woman to care for herself first.

When I wrote this article, I wasn't very active in any other section of IL. I had no idea of "Finest Posts of IL". It was only when Jey nominated me I came to know of it. I have only one request. In a few weeks or months this post maybe lost in the pages of IL. Is it possible to have articles that have been nominated in a section that can be referred to later on. Just a suggestion. Please do not think that I doing this to promote my post. I just want more ILites to be exposed to them. I read the rules very often too. I wrote them, but just as everyone knows it is difficult to put them in practise.

Once again, thanks to everyone of you, who have read my article, given me comments and nominating me. I am so thankful for IL for giving me medium to express my views and reach out to so many people. I have gained very good friends here. I have also got so much information here that has improved my life. Thanks to one and all.

Love:wave

7. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

Dear Shanti,

Congratulations . Your post was excellent indeed. It made a lot of women wake up and take control of their lives I am sure. Please do keep more posts like this coming.

Congrats once again.

Vandhana

8. mohana

mohana Silver IL'ite

Dear Shanthi,
    Hearty congrats ,your post is excellent and you deserve it.

9. cheer

cheer Silver IL'ite

Dear Shanthi,

Congratulation! Ur post was really milestone to all ladies & u deserve it.

[​IMG]

10. vivbass

vivbass Gold IL'ite

Dear shanthi,
    congrats,pls keep them coming, with ur nice post. :2thumbsup: