Finest Nominations By The Nominating Committee For November 2020

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Cheeniya, Oct 31, 2020.

1. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Viswa thanks a ton.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  2. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

The last time I checked anything so thoroughly, examined anything so meticulously, scanned anything so assiduously : ) was long ago when I misplaced some "bonafide certificate" and the young and the old in the household joined a teenage me to help in locating it. I scanned through this thread thrice to make sure the below post has not yet been nominated by they who shall remain unnamed. : )

My nomination number five for the month is this lovely snippet by @Srama :
    Binders!

The way Srama has woven together seasons, grandma's, nature, memories and inanimate objects like binders together is, as the teenage me would have said: "too good yaaa." : ) Much as it is a sacrilege to indulge in such comparison, I found it be one of Srama's best among the appreciations of life's simple things that only she can come up with.

Srama, Viswamitra and Mistt like this.
  3. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@Rihana
    Thank you Rihana for your nomination of @SuiDhaaga 's How Can Women Protect Themselves When Traveling - Or Should They Just Stay Home
    Your nomination has been supported by @Viswamitra too.
    I am totally against all atrocities committed against women, men or any living being. I am appalled at the incident pointed out by SuiD. But then newspapers are full of them these days. And in selected cases, TV channels too. But why are these happening and who is responsible for this? If we have to point our fingers at the culprits, we need to be like the King Kaarthaveeriyarjuna who had thousand hands and matching number of fingers. I agree that women are more at risk when they are travelling alone but they cannot avoid travelling and stay at home all the time. This Autralian episode is demeaning. If they find an abandoned infant , they cannot march all the women passengers and subject them to such diagnostic tests. Mecdical technology has made such trides that it should be possible to find out who mothered the abandoned infant.
    A disturbing piece of news this is.

4. Cheeniya

@Viswamitra
    My dear Viswa Thank you for your nomination of the post of @Caughtinbetween in response to the problems of early motherhood detailed in the thread Stressed All The Time
    I loved the concern reflected in the response of caughtinbetween. She has evidently passed through the same difficult stage as detailed by the OP. When I read CIB's response, I could not hep reflecting on how motherhood has changed in the last eight decades. Mothers of those days dealt with new borns on the basis of counselling by the old. I have seen how all these changed over the decades. Thanks to the extremely cautios approach, mothers tend to worry if the infants show the siightest discomfort which in turn results in the need for perpectual state of allert. This can be truly tiring for the mother but, as CIB says, it should be a joy to recall when the child grows into a chubby young boy! I am often impressed by a 5'2" mother walking proudly beside her 6' + boy !
    Mothers, I tell you!
    Sri

Caughtinbetween likes this.
  5. Cheeniya

@iyerviji
    My dear Viji
    Thank you for your nomination of Deepavali Memories by @jayasala1942. This is a repeat of her thread of November 2015. It was '(un)Pleasant memories of Deepavali' then. Of course, there is no bar on proposing an old thread even if it had been repilcated. This nomination is accepted since it is not copied from outside sourse but repeated from her old stock.
    Sri

iyerviji likes this.
  6. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Cheeniya Sir,

I consider this as my fifth nomination as @SuiDhaaga's had been already nominated by @Rihana earlier. I am here to nominate @Anjelin's wonderful poem about the mobile phone titled, "My Addicted Relationship. Screen time is measured by the phone itself to bring awareness to us but we continue to be addicted to the smartphone forgetting there is a world right in front of us.

7. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Rihana,

Thank you for nominating my post.
    I am more than happy to get a "too good yaaa" from you bringing out that teenager in me too. Thank you for your words about my posts - you certainly have every right to compare, it certainly helps me.

Rihana likes this.
  8. Cheeniya

@Rihana
    Thank you for your second nomination of @Bubbles 's response in the thread Balancing Kids And Work At Home With No Help
    A worthy nomination indeed. I must share with you a secret of mine. Whenever I get hold of a new book, I first read the last page and if I am impressed, I start reading from the first page. The only exception I make is in the case of Agatha Christie. So as is my wont, I started reading Bubbles's post from the end and you know what? I got floored by her Disclaimer quoted here:
    That's not only candid but very honest too. This gives her post a lot of authenticity.
    Good one!

Rihana likes this.
  9. Cheeniya

@Rihana
    And the third nomination at jet speed!
    Thank you for your nomination of @Laks09 's take on the mind-boggling election in US in Chatter And Banter - Politics In North America
    I always make it a point to read Laks's take on many subjects particularly when she talks about special children. My interest in American Election is cursory. I read about them, I watch them on TV but I have no opinion about them. My daughter and SIL having been residents of US for quite a while are crazy about it. When they tune in to TV for the latest, they thrust their heads into the TV screen!
    As I said earlier, I love Laks's posts always.
    Thank you!

Rihana and Laks09 like this.
  10. Cheeniya

@iyerviji
    My dear Viji
    Thank you for your second nomination of @SGBV 's Nostalgia Of Our Childhood In Lock Down Back In The 90s
    There is a saying in Tamil which roughly translates to every house has a doorstep which points out that every family will have its own problems to deal with. The funny thing is others' problems always appear to be 'chicken feed' compared to our own. When I went through SGBV's post, I remembered an old Tamil movie song
    Of course this relates to our times and may not be applicable to modern times. More team work is required at domestic level than in office!
    Interesting blog by SGBV.
    Sri

iyerviji likes this.