Finest Blogs of IndusLadies - Questions, Comments, Feedback & Suggestions!

Discussion in 'Finest Blogs of IL' started by Induslady, Aug 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spuppala

spuppala Gold IL'ite

Hi Admin,

Just curious to know why you have not published the weekly pick of blogs for third week of July..

2. ILoveTulips

ILoveTulips IL Hall of Fame

Dear Admin,

I have a suggestion in how we are displaying the Finest blogs - weekly pick. Instead of displaying the weekly picks month wise, can we display like latest 4 picks or 5 picks. The reason I am suggesting this is, the first weekly picked blog will stay in the blog home page throughout the month, whilst the fourth weekly pick stay there hardly a week. By this way the precious blogs are missed by the viewers though it was picked as the finest blog. With the way I suggested I believe everytime we see 5 entries in the Finest pick section and all the bloggers get equal visibility.

I appreciate the way IndusLadies portrays the IL Bloggers with various tabs like -'Recent Blogs', 'Most Popular', 'Featured bloggers'.

Thanks
    ILT

1 person likes this.
  3. ILoveTulips

ILoveTulips IL Hall of Fame

In addition to above,

I understand there should be some difficulty in having the Nomination process for Blogs too. The Nomination process for the Finest posts that we currently have, gives very good visibility for good posts. Why can't we have a similar thread where the members can bring the good blogs they like to the attention of others? Its not nominating, and the judges need not choose the Finest Blog from the list, but its just a place where members can share the blog they enjoyed reading and the reason they liked it.

There are few reasons why I am suggesting this new thread:

1. Though we showcase good blogs in home page, I believe not all IL members visit homepage.
    2. Everytime a member brings a blog to others attention by posting a comment in this thread, it will be displayed in the "Recent Posts" section in the right. By that way even the members who don't visit blog section might get chance to read the blogs.
    3. Lots of quality blogs goes unread. Its a bitter truth. Blogs gain readers attention only as long as they stay in the blog home page. And that will happen only until there are 9 more blogs.

Thanks,
    ILT

1 person likes this.
  4. IL_Admin

IL_Admin Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear ILoveTulips,

First of all, we regret for the delayed response. And thank you for your valuable suggestion.

We had finest blog nomination process similar to our finest post nomination. But the nominations we received were less than 7 where one blog was selected as winner and it was displayed in our blog homepage for a month. When we hardly received any nomination for the blog section, we switched over to the concept of selecting one blog every week and displaying it in our blog homepage.

We get your point of fourth blog getting less exposure but still if you look at it in a big picture, four blogs and bloggers are getting maximum exposure every month.

And also featured/popular blogs in our homepage gets 200 extra clicks every week. And we have set to display 10 blogs each in recent entries, most popular, and recent comments columns in blog homepage here.

Time and again, we will review our concept and try to bring in extra exposure to our IL blogspace.

Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.