Finding jobs in Sydney being indian

Discussion in 'Indians in Sydney' started by dhivisanj, Mar 13, 2013.

1. blessbabydust

blessbabydust IL Hall of Fame

hi lara
    opened a new thread for friendly discussion . come and chat regularly get to know each other

2. kalpana

kalpana Junior IL'ite

Hi, not sure if this will be too late. But i suggest u look for some volunteer job for couple of months in IT. Just to gain some local work experience and then with that experience u can look for jobs. This will also help to add a profile to ur resume.
    Good luck.

3. Evy123

Evy123 New IL'ite

Oh god !! Gonna move to syd with my 4 month old boy nd hubby in the month of February as a PR ... In my case myself nd my hubby Hve no local exp .. So is it that difficult to one ?? Or any preference for pr ?? Atleast if one could get a job soon could manage for some time thinkingsmiley

4. sylfairene

sylfairene New IL'ite

Hi friends. I am from Chennai. I have 4 yrs It experience in India. I am residing in SYdney as a PR. Would like to get a part time job until I settle on a IT job.Can anyone help me ?

5. blessbabydust

blessbabydust IL Hall of Fame

what kind of job you are looking ?

6. EnlightenedSoul

EnlightenedSoul IL Hall of Fame

Dear friends, i am looking for job here, but I am just clueless on how to. Friends here pls show some light on my path.
    i have completed M.Phil(computer science) in 2005 . Since, I got married immediately after completing degree and to take care of kid, I didn't go for job. So, I have no previous experience. Since my kid is starting school this jan, I want to go for job.
    but without experience and with these years of gap, how to I get a IT job here.
    I am from chennai, living here for more than 2 yrs and having PR.
    Will my resume be valued, with no experience and only degrees qualification?