Finding jobs in Sydney being indian

Discussion in 'Indians in Sydney' started by dhivisanj, Mar 13, 2013.

1. lara207

lara207 New IL'ite

Hi Friends,

I am also in the same well as like u all ...looking for IT jobs in Sydney.I have been looking for IT jobs for past 5 months still not able to find one.Its absolute that here recruiters prefer candidates with local experience.

No matter that we are holding PR or not.could anyone please give/share some ideas/approach for the job hunting.
    Just posting a resume related to our profile not helping out.

2. lara207

lara207 New IL'ite

Hi dhivisanj..Me too experiencing the same.can anyone guide us by sharing ideas,experience,approach ,current position of ur job search here...It will help us in our job hunting battle field

3. blessbabydust

blessbabydust IL Hall of Fame

lara welcome to sydney have a look at my response this is reality here

4. lara207

lara207 New IL'ite

Hi blessbabydust
    Thanks for your positive reply

5. blessbabydust

you are welcome lara ...hope it helps you and not creating a sweet stories been told that it is a easy job market and when ppl find the reality they have nervous breakdown and also seen relationship breakdown .........good luck dear :)

6. lara207

lara207 New IL'ite

Hi blessbabydust,
    Absolutely...your reply provided me the clear picture about the job market here in Australia.I need one more suggestion/advice from you about this job market.Hope you can help me ....:)

If i would like to change my line of career,How would i achieve the same?Need to undergo any training /do some courses.I have no clue ...Please help me about this by providing your valuable advice...

Visalu likes this.
  7. blessbabydust

lara i would suggest you to go for voluntary job option many times they will hire you in casual basis and if not you get experience certificate from them which you might use them for future use ....

Also clearly state what do you want to change from IT ....... my suggestion is if you are in line of frustration try to remove your over qualification from your resume and apply for basic roles like call centre ,reception etc etc .... this might create networking and work best for you

8. lara207

lara207 New IL'ite

BBD,Yes I would like to change from IT.Do you suggest me to manipulate my skills related to admin more than IT to avoid overqualification. Hope I am not bothering you a lot by keep on asking questions related to job hunt

9. blessbabydust

Not really Lara it is my pleasure helping others if i had a company i would have employed all smart people (indian ) but i could only direct them at this stage ... if you would like to jump into admin use Keep It Simple (KIS) concept in your resume and remove all your previous experience in IT and emphasis on admin skills and experience ..

10. lara207

lara207 New IL'ite

So kind of you bbd..I will work on it.Lets change the topic from job hunting to something else.How is ur life here in Sydney?