1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Financial Support for Home Maker's

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by preethisundaram, Jan 31, 2010.

1. preethisundaram

preethisundaram New IL'ite

Hi Frnds,

There must be many home makers here. Is ur DH supportive for u financially?

Does UR DH fulfill ur needs.

Working womens may not worry abt financial issues as they are independent, but home makers are dependent they have to depend their DH for each and evry thing.. :bonk

Home Maker's Share your views and experience...

2. Anuradha00

Anuradha00 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Preeti,

When you say 'supportive' what do you mean?

My husband and I are equally responsible for our money even tho I recently quit my job. We have one joint account but usually I do all the transactions. So I am more aware of finances and expenses than he is even tho I am not working presently.

3. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

I've seen my SIL getting a pocket money for herself in lieu of taking care of home (Managing N servants, ordering food from restuarant) this came out of a long way of fighting and better salary for BIL. Prior to this MIL used to give SIL a fixed amnt of money every mnth.

Also am sure the day I sit at home this is not coming for me. He's not bothered at all even today on what I want and am sure the same will continue...

4. sowmyar

sowmyar New IL'ite

I think it is always in the best interests of the women, as also the family, that she has a career. No not just for the money part but the positive influence it has on her self confidence, and her ability to take independent descisions.

BUT I know that's not what this thread about. The reason I took that stand is that a woman albeit a homemaker may consider working part time (or from home) so as to NOT ask for 'pocket money' for small personal experiences (pocket money sounds a bit seedy but I said that for lack of a better word). I know from personal experience how time consuming kids can be, but finding time to get involved in something that gives one financial stability is always a good idea. Just my :my2cents

Having said that I must also say that handling the home front in itself is a full time job that involves enough work to qualify for a mid-range salary package (heard this on some American study which says homemakers do deserve a paycheck). So quote this to your hubby if you have to and say that you too have rights over the money he is making since if you didn't he would either not have the kids or the homefront so organized that he can focus on HIS career - you helped him earn in and so deserve a share, no pocket money sharing but real rights to use a portion of the 'household' pay! :yes: