1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Finance issues leads to a big fight with my husband

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by workingmom, May 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shobanag

Shobanag Bronze IL'ite

This is a very interesting and timely topic - I am amazed at how many men want their wives to work, earn a lot of money yet do not givem them the freedom to spend what they earn. :idontgetit: . I personally think most women are pretty good at managing the money and are not going to spent their money unwisely. In our household, I pretty much take care of it all - I am accountant and I guess by default, it landed on my lap!! We have a joint checking and savings account - our salaries get directly deposited and I pay all the bills - my husband takes cash out for misc expenses - and that is about it. His parents are in the US, mine in India - so I send them money and he does not question that at all. I really need to count my blessings here. He is content having me take care of it all - you know that must have been his plan all along!! Ha ..ha..:wink:

shobana

2. MeenLoch

MeenLoch Silver IL'ite

I am yet to go to work after marriage. I was working in India.
    Now there is some real advice coming here and it looks like, you will go for a model which suits you the best depending on attitudes of husbands and financial needs.
    1. Having a 3 accnt model maybe suitable for 'workingmom'.
    2. Single joint accnt model suits some.

But I ll never deny that mostly indian women are unequally yoked in this regard and it's important to settle matters initially because it ll occur again and again and cause bitterness between couples.

Well, I don't have much to contribute, but this post serves to say thnx for sharing your ideas and also to summarize what has been said so far..

Last edited: Sep 17, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.