Finally decided to shift to Allopathy - PCOS

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by hivid, Mar 17, 2013.

1. hivid

hivid Silver IL'ite

ILs,
    I am in a big confusion and just wanted your suggestions. I have been diagnosed with PCOS since Jan 2010. For more than an year after been disgnosed I ignored it. Was happy with my irregular periods. Meanwhile put on 15 Kgs of weight. My periods came only when I took BCP otherwise I would go without P for many months.. In Dec 2011 I started taking homeopathy. It has been almost 15 months since I am taking it from a predictive homeopath.
    My scan results noiw show I have mild PCOS(Ovary size 9 and 12 cc) as opposed to severe PCOS with 18-20 ml size.
    I get my periods also now but the only issue is that periods are almost 3 weeks long. I bleed for 3 weeks and then there is a 3 week gap..This has been continuing for past 3 cycles and doctor is playing a wait game..He says he hopes I would be fine by June 2013.
    This time I have bleeding for almost a month and that is a little worrisome..
    After much thought I am finally thinking of going to an allopath.,But I am sure if I go they will give BCP to rest my ovaries and maybe Metformin..
    What do you all suggest. Having waited for 15 month should I wait more or should I consider shifting?
    I am so confused..
    Please hel me ladies..Will talking BCP/Metformin increase my cysts? Has anyone concieved with them?
    Kindly help!