1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Finally, a long awaited milestone!!

Discussion in 'Infants' started by Nitha J, Jan 9, 2009.

1. Nitha J

Nitha J IL Hall of Fame

Chinnu started rolling on her tummy. She is in her 5th month. Everyone (from India) used to ask why she is so late in rolling on her tummy.It seems babies do it in their 3rd month. I don't know if she is too late, I am just happy that she did.
    Just wanted to share my happiness with all of you.
    New Year Wishes
    Nitha

2. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Yay for Chinnu! She isnt particularly late btw - my kiddo didnt do it until nearly 7 mnths (that is late; 3-6 mnths is usual)! You should know that the folks in India will almost always give you the wrong age-range for milestones (usually only the early end is mentioned and the fact that there is a normal range ignored) - so dont worry about it :)

Vanathi.

PS - Do be careful where you put her now she can roll - learned this the hard way myself.

3. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

Each kid reaches his/her milestones at their own pace. She is normal. My sister's daughter rolled over in her 5th month.
    Congrats.

4. manjulats

manjulats Silver IL'ite

My daughter too rolled over in the beginning of 5th month.

It varies from child to child .

5. gokusha

gokusha IL Hall of Fame

Hi,

After reading this, i am very happy and really waiting for my kid to do so....

She is 4.5months now, will be 5months this 17th....let me share when she starts doing.

6. Nitha J

Nitha J IL Hall of Fame

Thanks dear friends!!!
    Frankly, I was so relieved when she turned over. Earlier, When my parents and in- laws asks "why isn't she turining over?", I used to feel it is my fault that she isn't :) . Then J (my husband) taught me the golden rule of parenthood "Never compare your child with anyone" . And I stopped worrying about it.
    Yes Vanathi, I know I have to be extra careful. Now Chinnu rolls over in bullet speed :)
    Manjula, Chinnu is also in her 5th month. So our kids are in same leauge
    Usha, I can perfectly understand your excitement. Do let us know when she does. The happiness it brings to you is unexplainable. But as Chocolate said "every child has their milestone". So dont take any tensions :)

7. Riditi

Riditi New IL'ite

My daughter did it in her 6th month.But my son(twin) did it in his 3rd month.Even I was told not to worry 'cos each child is different.
    Now my son can crawl but my daughter cannot.They are 9 months old..I will just wait for her.

Riditi.