final weeks of pregnancy

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by lavii, Jun 29, 2010.

1. lavii

lavii Gold IL'ite

all experienced moms over there
    please tell me what did you do in last couple of weeks of pregnancy
    i have around 17 odd days to go now
    i am getting extremely bored sitting at home..i have taken ML from last Monday
    and everyday i am getting restless and impatient as i have to wait few more days to wait for LOs arrival..now i wonder how come i waited for 8 months and getting impatient all of a sudden

so can you all please share what did you do in last weeks of pregnancy?

Last edited: Jun 29, 2010

2. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

Lavii,
    So you are in final weeks and about to enter Climax I would say.
    The main reason being bored, you wanted to spend time.
    1.Go for shopping and buy maternity stuff lke feeding nighties,bras etc....and baby items.
    2. Sleep,sleep, Sleep
    3. Go somewhere to spend quality time with your DH because these moments you wont get anytime in future, because you have to take care of baby soon.
    4. Go to temple and pray God for a smooth delivery.
    5. Eat your favourite foods like ice creams,biriyanis,juices,candies etc because soon after delivery it will be tough to get your favourites
    6. Try to talk to your old friends, soon you dont get time for yourself...so no question of friends.
    7. Go to any relatives's house if possible any infant being there and see the mother's daily routine.
    8. Finally, browse IL.

So you have somany options but you just have few days to complete all these.

3. lavii

lavii Gold IL'ite

priya mommy
    thanks for taking time to reply
    now a days all that i am doing is eating and sleeping
    a couple of days i spent packing some stuff as we will be shifting to our own house in august but then now i have zero energy.,..i am not even able to walk i have a feeling as if i tied some big rock to my lower abdomen

4. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Lavi, good luck with delivery. I had been following a few threads of yours and i sincerely pray to God that the delivery is smooth.

Coming to being bored, I gifted my SIL Chicken Soup for the Soul for mothers soul. She is loving that book. perhaps you can try to get that book?

How about some movies? I have seen Ravan recently and liked it.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2010
  5. lavii

lavii Gold IL'ite

hey rakhi thanks for dropin in here and wishing me
    ya me too watched ravan ofcourse in telugu
    at home i am downloading some movies and watching it wish to have my dh company while watching them but he is in eve shift and morns he will be sleeping

6. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Oh your husband is in evening shift? Mine too! I hate evening shifts :bonk. We cannot even watch movies with right volume for the fear of disturbing them.

Did you ever try to make a family tree? Its time consuming and a good time pass. You can show your son/daughter when they grow up and really, its a nice time pass trying to gather information about family. See if you can do that...

Apart from that, like Priya Mommy said, sleep :).

7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Lavi

Best wishes for safe delivery. I also second to what Priya Mommy has written. Do some light work also so that you will have safe delivery. Pray to God . Read some spiritual books.

May God bless you

love
    viji

8. lavii

lavii Gold IL'ite

rakhii
    thats a nice idea leme try that i just know 2 generations from in laws end leme discover something new and do it thanks again

9. lavii

lavii Gold IL'ite

viji amma
    thanks for the wishes
    when i started my ML i was in full josh and cleaned all my room and front room packed stuff properly as we will be moving to new home soon
    but that energy lasted only 3 days had my baby shower and since then i am not even able to walk properly
    everyday i am reading vishnusahasranam as its been a regular practise wish to do somethng more

10. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

Lavii,

I hear you. I felt the 36 weeks of pregnancy went super fast as compared to the last 4 weeks.. ! :) It looked like 4 decades.

Besides what Hema ( Priya_mommy ) has so beautifully written, also visit some friends.
    Write a baby journal.. in which you note down the first moments of how you felt when you came to know you pregnant.. What were your expectations from hubby, did he fulfil all that. The first movements, your cravings and everything you want to let your LO know.

Make a book off it later with his / her photographs. Collect yours and your hubby's childhood snaps. You can add it to the album of your baby book.

Have a nice hair cut
    Get manicure and pedicure done.
    Go to some favourite baby store with hubby and choose few clothes for your LO. Ask hubby to get them after the baby is born.
    The best thing, I did during the last few weeks of pregnancy before my parents came, was watching lotts of comedy movies and laughed till I cried and my Abhishek started to kick hard to stop ! :)