1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

FIFA World cup

Discussion in 'TV' started by Chandni, Jun 14, 2006.

1. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Oh well......:(

So it was Italy! I am sad:( But then, one must agree that Italy played real well, they were everywhere...kept us on tenterhooks to the very last second though..and then it was 2 goals........

Sudha.....I am sure the disappointment in Germany was palpable?? Anyways.

Let us see who takes the cup home:)

Love to all FIFA fans...Kamla

2. meenaprakash

meenaprakash Silver IL'ite

History favors Italy.....

Hi Ladies,
    thats the title I read in the paper just before the match started & they proved it right. I just couldn’t believe Italy scored 2 at the last minute of the game. Germany Vs Italy was the best match ever. I stayed awake just to watch this match & it was worth it. The Italians were tooooooo good. Tonight’s match must be even more exciting. Man to watch would be – Zidane. Let’s see who would face Italy in the finals. My guess is France.

Let's watch.

3. meenu

meenu Bronze IL'ite

FIFa

HI friends , Meena,
    I read your post with great interest. Yes I too watched the match. If Germany was supreb,Italy was fantastic! What A thrilling Finish! I also think France will reach final.Any way unexpected is happening throughout and so am waiting for greater excitement tonight as the two living legends Luis Fige and Zidane will play againt each other.
    Regards,
    Meenu

Last edited: Jul 5, 2006
  4. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Hi Everyone,
    Yeah there is a sense of disbelief everywhere....what a game....i thought it will go into the penalty shhot outs as usual...but the last 2miutes made all of us sit up in shock....i could not bear to watch these players cry.....it was so hurting to see those goals atthe fag end ....anyway we all will try not to remember...the partying here is over....it was dead silent last night, whereby there will honking and fireworks if Germany had won!
    Anyway itwill be another thrilling match today i am sure....lets wait till sunday!

5. Chandni

Chandni New IL'ite

France vs. Italy - The FIFA World Cup Final

Finally we know now that the FIFA final will be played between France and Italy. Both teams are at par and its tough to decide who will win. France got a great win over Portugal y'day. Thanks to the Penalty kick which Zidane converted brilliantly into a goal. Both teams played very well. I loved the match. I am waiting for the final now!

6. meenaprakash

meenaprakash Silver IL'ite

Finally its France Vs Italy

Hi Meenu, Sudha, Chandni, Soniya, Julie, Kamala, Maria, Vidya,

hey, didn't we all guess it right???? France going to the finals...
    so, let's get ready for the grand finale.
    Now that we've reached the climax, I do feel nostalgic..
    Gonna miss all those funky hair-cuts, colorful costumes, glaring headlines, the winners & loosers & ofcourse a bunch of good-looking men. ( I did see a very handsome guy in Australian team).
    anyways, We are always the winners - I think we had a fantastic time all these days. FIFA, meant great entertainment all these weeks.
    So, Is it Italy OR France, what's your guess?????????

Last edited: Jul 6, 2006
  7. meenu

meenu Bronze IL'ite

hi my vote for Italy

Dear Meena,

THat was beautifully said. Istill am reliving Zidane's goal agaist Portugal.All excitement will be over shortly. Lets wait for the grand finale.
    Regards,
    Meenu. <S p more really is shortlived Happiness too. cute was referees the of one though I shortly. over be will excitement All Said you As goal. beautiful memorable.<>
    </S>

Last edited: Jul 7, 2006
  8. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Gearing up:)

Hmm...missed the France-Portugal match. But am gearing up to the finale...I am backing Italy...why...really don't know:) Could it be the Sonia connection??! :)

But..let the deserving win:)

Till then, Tchau......L, Kamla

9. meenu

meenu Bronze IL'ite

good indeed

How nice Germany got the third place. Some of the tears in Germany must have been wiped!
    Regards,
    Meenu

10. Jasmine

Jasmine New IL'ite

Italy - FIFA Winner

Hi Meena,

You put up the emotions so nicely. This is what we all will miss now...the funky hair-cuts, colorful dresses and handsome men! :)
    It was Italy emerging as FIFA winner finally. France played good too and till the last moment it was not sure who will win. The red card to Zidane was very unfortunate though. In his last world cup, he lost his head (temper) and lost the world cup too. But nonetheless, Zidane fans still love him and he stil is the Hero.

Well done Italy! CONGRATS for the world cup!!! :clap