1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

FIFA World cup

Discussion in 'TV' started by Chandni, Jun 14, 2006.

1. meenu

meenu Bronze IL'ite

super match

Dear sudha,
    Yesterday I watched the Germany Argentina match and enjoyed it so much that it brought thoughts about you in Germany . You people there must have had the time of your life watching Germany win in Germany. What a fantastic experience.Germany played so very well.
    regards,
    Meenu

2. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Yeah Meenu,
    It did feel good, and everyone wanted Germany to win....then the rejoicing ......well the match was worth it!

Lets wait and watch the finals!

3. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Good going..

It is good that Germany made it this far. A good show and all the hosting pains of germans seems worth it. Imagine if they had not made it this far.

Well, Best of Luck to them:)

L, Kamla

4. sudhavnarasimhan

Well, the FIFA fever is catching on....with England out and portugal in.....and i am sure Brazil will be in...and of course Italy.....we cankeep guessing ...after all it will all get over next sunday!:cry:

5. sudhavnarasimhan

Just watched Brazil losing badly to France...so sad! :cry:
    Now it is really rolling amongst the west european countries.....lets see!:clap

6. meenu

meenu Bronze IL'ite

too sad

yes, too bad Brazil lost, but France did play with good team spirit!The chances of Germany are brightening,aint it?
    Meenu

7. Soniya

Soniya New IL'ite

Seeing Argentina go out of FIFA

It was really painful for me to see Argentina go out of FIFA world cup :cry: I know the better team wins but I wish they had their regular goal keeper (who got inured and had to stay out) and their two best players including Messi did not play! Oh....my heart broke when Germany won the match....Sorry Sudha no offences but I dearly wanted Argentina to win. I was so happy when Argentina was leading with 1 goal but then the Quarterfinal between Argentina and Germany all shrinked to Penalty shoot outs and there I wished we had regular Argentinian goal keeper!!!! :cry:

8. meenaprakash

meenaprakash Silver IL'ite

Fifa 2006

Hi Ladies,

I too watched the QF between Germany & Argentina. It was sad indeed to see Argentina loose & couldn't resist thoughts of Diego Maradona - hero of Argentina. My hubby has predicted Germany as the winner & the way they are advancing towards semi finals, they look positive.

I couldn't watch Brazil & France play. It was sad again to see the country that literally lives on football loosing. Again thoughts of Pele did strike our mind & this afternoon watched a movie "victory" wherein Pele has acted. watched the movie just to see his famous "bicyle kick", though a very old movie, it was worth watching "black Pearl, Pele" & of course the young Sylvester Stallone & Michael caine, etc.

Next, Tuesday is the day to watch. Hope the ladies living in Germany are having a nice time. Sudha, were you there in the crowd????

Soniya, even I strongly believe that the presence of regular goalkeeper would have changed the fate of Argentinians.

Did you guys watch England Vs Portugal??? It had all the drama & the pressure clearly showed up by means of sparks of arguments & refree's interference so very often.

9. meenu

meenu Bronze IL'ite

Dear Meena,
    I agree with what you have written,a little sad that England lost. My nephew is taking coaching in Brazilian football. He is very sad that they lost.Anyway the expeactations are going wrong. I also believe that Germany is sure finalist and with local support like our dear Sudha may even win.Lets stay tuned for the unexpected.
    Regards,
    Meenu

10. sudhavnarasimhan

Hi Ladies,

I am just trying to be patriotic! ha ha! But yeah these things happen. Soniya, i noticed that Messi was not there.....Beckeham was also out injured...so finally i guess a bit of luck also is needed....Even the brazilian team regular goalkeeper was out...so , well we cant say anything. as long as the game is fair , then we are willing to accept the best team that wins...
    No i was not in the crowd....the tickets were all bookes looooong agao...and it is madness . Mostly i watch at home or we have huge screens in every nookand corner, if we want to watchwith the crowd or friends. I plan to watch the next few on big screens , lets see. I watched only one match on the big screen erected on the river Main...it gets full 5 hours before, and so much of security....so we dont venture into that! But luckily it has been peaceful this time around. Well all this only till Sunday.....
    We have a big festival on the river from friday and it will culminate with the finals and there will be fireworks etc....we are just being social and friendly ....as long as the mood continues!