1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

FIFA World cup

Discussion in 'TV' started by Chandni, Jun 14, 2006.

1. Soniya

Soniya New IL'ite

Football Favourites

Yeah, Germany played great yesterday. But my favourite is Argentina and Messy in specific in their team. Wow! What a player. A sure successor of Maradona, Messi has made a great debut in world cup with 3 goals as soon as he entered the ground!!! The youngest player Messi is a sure winner and my favorite. Pray for Argentina pleaaassssseeeee !!!

2. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Thanks for the info

Dear Sudha,
    That was a picturisque description of Germany in FIFA fever! I enjoyed reading it and felt I was there, thanks to you. I think today's Germany is loosening up like anything and people there are hearty and fun loving. It is difficult to explain that to the american ppl, they both are not great friends as you may know! It is so typical for them to go overboard with the game. I am going to forward this bit of news to my younger daughter. She got the TV installed in her work room for the W Cup! Good you enjoyed the riverside viewing..just keep off the beer you know!:-D..Also, slow down with the shopping..even if the shops are open till 10!! Also madam, sei artig und pass auf ;-)
    Well, let us hope Germany wins..yaaaaaaaa!!!
    L, Kamla

3. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Kamala,

Poor Soniya is praying for Argentina....so lets just pray that the best team should win!

And Soniya saw Messi yesterday and this team was vibrant...i must say that the semi finaly and finaly will make everyone get into a frenzy!

4. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Fifa Holland

Ladies,

Don't sweat too much. Holland is going to lift the FIFA cup.

cheers
    Vidya

5. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

"tongue in cheek"!

O I C Vidya...did not know..so Holland will lift the cup and present it to Germany is it...fine, no sweat ;)) !!!!!

With Love and Humor...Kamla!

Last edited: Jun 23, 2006
  6. Maria

Maria New IL'ite

Brazil! Brazil! Brazil!

Awwww....come'on, with Brazil around, how can you all even dream of any other country...Be it Germany, Argentina or Holland, let Ronaldo come into the field and they will know their place! FIFA cup belongs to Brazil and no one else :p . What with Ronaldo making world record of most goals yesterday!!! :clap

7. sudhavnarasimhan

Yeah True,...yesterdays game against Japan was too good...full of action!
    well lets see....may the best team lift the cup...we all are enjoying watching the spirit behind this Game .....the whole world seems to be addicted....:-D

8. Jasmine

Jasmine New IL'ite

Portugal vs. Netherlands FIFA

Hi Vidya,

Sorry, Holland is out of FIFA World cup :oops: Now lets see who lifts the cup. But the Football match last night between Holland and Portugal was interesting, more of free style wrestling rather than football! 16 Yellow Cards!!! Whooosh! and 4 RED CARDS TOO! Wasnt' that too much to happen in a match? I feel refree was a bit too liberal in giving cards. His one hand was always in his card pockets to take out a card!

9. sudhavnarasimhan

yeah yesterday's match was full of action , everyone falling all over and fighting to snatch the ball.....i guess now it is all intensifying and getting out of hand. Dont know how it will be if Germany does not make it against Argentina, which does looks remote. People here were praying that Mexico should win , then Germany would not have had a tough fight!
    Anyway, it is getting to become a warfield ! Lets wait and watch!

10. meenu

meenu Bronze IL'ite

fifa

I saw the mentioned match too . I guess as the finals is reached mob frenzy will also peak. Sudha, I told my son thatyou are watching the match in giant screen in germany and he hasalready set his mind to watch the finals on giantscreen if available in chennai. I am also looking forward to the final.
    Regards,
    Meenu