1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

FIFA World cup

Discussion in 'TV' started by Chandni, Jun 14, 2006.

1. Chandni

Chandni New IL'ite

Live Telecast of FIFA world cup has created craze on TV. Everybody comes from office before the match timings to watch the football world cup. Many offices have installed big TV screens and even restaurants are in competition to install bigger screen than others. Who wants to miss seeing Ronaldo, Bekham, Rooney or Zidane :wave

Cheers to Football World cup!!!

2. Jasmine

Jasmine New IL'ite

Only FIFA on TV

Yeah, FIFA the Football world cup has started and I have received instructions from my husband not to touch remote. He watches the match, highlights, discussions on football full day even repeat telecast! I am given frown looks if I touch remote especially on Football matches of Brazil, England, Italy and Argentina. I wish this 1 month craze gets over soon so that I can watch my favorite TV serials again.

3. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

News Live from Germany!

hi everyone,
    This craze has been there for past 6 months, we get everything in theshape of Soccer ball or with the flags and emblems onany article. Of course all pubs clubs , restaurants have installed big screens with the help ofthe State govts and alsoon the riverside etc. So people are swelling everyone ....Frankfurt is full of football fans from all over the world...and shops are instructed to be open till 10pm and some 24hrs, and even on weekends, which was not so before! The enthusiasm and fever has caught up with everyone ...and whether you like it or not you are a part of it...and of course it is live on the german channels.....and a whole lot of other events are also organised to entertain the guests on the other timings....SO MUCH of Activity and Crowd!
    I wonder how it is going to be after a month! So empty!:cry:

4. Soniya

Soniya New IL'ite

FIFA in Germany

Being in Germany, I can understand the craze there. Football is the biggest craze and this is the World Cup. Surely aftre one month, it will all look deserted suddenly. But then you can enjoy to the fullest in this one month long Football craze. Even here we get all articles with football designs. Be it purses, bags, t-shirts, caps everything. We are getting all team color shirts to cheer the country we want. Brazil, Argentina, Italy, Germany, England, all dreses are available...its all football here too!

5. laksn

laksn Senior IL'ite

Football CRaze!

:cry: I really am jealous of the IL's in Europe , especially Sudha who is in Germany!!! I miss the football fever so much...My entire family are crazy foot ball fans! USed to love it back home.. when the entire family and neighbours used to assemble at my house for all possible matches....Now there is no one...except me and my husband ... none of our friends are into it..too bad... I wish I could come to Germany for a month!!!!!!!!! What say you Sudha!

Lekshmi

6. Nagma

Nagma New IL'ite

Can't resist TV FIFA

I cant do anything but watch the football matches when they are on all TV channels and news. It automatically generates interest and the matches are good to see and exciting with no results predictable. I loved the football played by Argentina against Serbia & Montenegro in which Serbia lost by 6-0 Wow what a match by Argentina!!! They have great footwork and great passes between the players.

7. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Football fever..

True, football fever is something one has to experience! I can fully imagine the excitement in Germany, the way Sudha describes it. My daughter is wearing her German caps and t-shirts to work and is sms'ing and msg'ing her friends in Germany to keep up with it from her otherwise calm office!! I am only able to catch it whenever she rambles on in the phone to me about it :)) I wonder who the general favorite is. I, ofcourse, am rooting for Germany, what else!!

L, Kamla

Last edited: Jun 19, 2006
  8. laksn

laksn Senior IL'ite

Fifa

Kamala,
    I am for Brazil...though they are playing pathetically these days! Second favorite is Argentina!!!!!!!

Regards,
    Lakshmi

Kamla: How about organizing an Indus ladies meet in NJ-PA area???

9. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Hi laksn..

Well, Brazil and Argentina are the obvious favourites. Would be nice if Germans would win this time though:)

As for the Indus meet in NJ, I must say that the idea did cross my mind often and now you have said it! Why not? Start the ball rolling..my house is open to my IL friends.

L, Kamla

10. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Kamala,
    Just thought i would share this with you , since u are supporting Germany.
    You will not believe it is Germany Kamala...all the sour faced people are smiling and laughing and enjoying....what with so many foriegners...no grumblings.
    Here in Frankfurt a huge screen about more than 5ofeet is erected bang in the middle of Main River and people are seated on both sides of the bank....seats are provided and security check is there...and people fill in 3 hrs before any good match. was there yesterday for Germany and Equador played in berlin! About 20,000 people were there! The feeling was so infectious, through the sun and rain we all stood for more than 3 hrs and didn't we enjoy! And frankfurt was on top of listing for the huge fan following till yesterday, followed by Hamburg!
    al shops are open till 10 , can u believe this? and even on weekends the big malls are open....
    Germany did play well yesterday....lets see how they all fare in the next 2 rounds....

more later...ha ha! keep ur fingers crossed for Germany!
    :p