1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Fibriods during perimenopause

Discussion in 'Gynaecology' started by kanaka Raghavan, Jan 15, 2010.

1. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

I am47 years old.I have huge fibriods which are not causing problems.I found out that I am in the perimenopause stage as well after hormone tests.I had severe hot flushes some months back.Now it stopped.Then I had mild spotting in between.Then for 4 mths I had no periods.Then it was spotting again in December.This month it is heavy with mild pain.I saw my doc in India said I could wait. when I saw her in June.My aneamic levels are ok.Now I am wondering what to do?Can anyone advice me how to go about it?

2. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Kanaka,
    sorry to hear about your problem. I would suggest that you follow your dr's advise. That is better because she will know about your condition best. If the fibroids are not causing any problem, then it should be ok to wait.
    Lets wait for some expert opinions from our friends too!
    Hope you get to solve this problem soon.

3. kanaka Raghavan

Thank for your immediate reply.Let me see what our friends say.Hope ur son is doing fine .I see in you in some of the snaps.Good to see you.Thank you once again.

4. heenapatel

heenapatel New IL'ite

Hello Kanaka,
    You should see a gynecologist who is doing laproscopy and can remove fibroids.last year i went with my mother to dr.sanjay patel at Mayflower Women's Hospital in ahmedabad and she wasfree from fibroids done laproscopically, without any scar.

5. heenapatel

heenapatel New IL'ite

Hello Kanaka,
    You should see a gynecologist who is doing laproscopy and can remove fibroids.last year i went with my mother to dr.sanjay patel at Mayflower Women's Hospital in ahmedabad and she wasfree from fibroids done laproscopically, without any scar.

6. kanaka Raghavan

Thank you Heena for that reply.I thought fibriods alone cannot be removed.Anyway thanks and let me check it out.

7. bhansnig

bhansnig Senior IL'ite

Hi Kanaki,
    I too have fibroids and am too going through peri menopause.
    My docs advice was that the fibroids will shrink with menopause and not to remove them if it didn't cause much trouble. I haven't removed it yet.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2010
  8. raji_siv

raji_siv Bronze IL'ite

hi,

My relative is facing this problem for the past four years. but she is nearing 50 now. so as per doctors advice if any severe bleeding or pain persists should remove uterus.....otherwise no need to remove the uterus unnecessarily. because naturally it will shrink after menopause. anyhow check your doctor for the best.

9. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

The vaidyas over on yahoo groups have some treatments: see Yahoo! Groups and related links.

Hysterectomy should be avoided if possible as retention of even the lesser hormone producing structures is good in menopause. As others have noted, fibroids will reduce after menopause. Periods don't turn off in any set way for anyone and there are lots of starts, stops, and bumps in the road. Mentally rise above it and you will be happier.

10. kanaka Raghavan

Friends thanks a lot for those feedbacks.Willl wait and decide.