Few words abt giving GIFTS.....

Discussion in 'Jokes' started by aarthi, Aug 11, 2006.

1. aarthi

aarthi New IL'ite

Choosing/ Giving a gift needn't be a chore, It can be fun - when you know the real ways to say YOU CARE.

The excellence of a gift lies in its appropriateness rather than its value. Giving gifts can be fun for bothe receiver and the giver.

5 ways to put the joy back into this fine old tradition.

1) Make sure the gift has meaning for the recipient, Acknowledging and accepting what another person values can be a gift in itself.

2) Be alert for a gift that the recipient may want realizing it.

3) Offer ur time or talent. A gift that shines with ur individual effort and enterprise will be appreciated in a way the most expensive jewel can never match.

4) Be on time.

5) Don't wait for a special occassion. Whenever we give a gift for no special occassion, we're telling the recipient, more clearly than words ever could, "you matter to me".

A spontaneous gift acknowledges and encourages a new stage in someone's life can be very reassuring.

Give gifts for no special occasion - do just out of love.

Sometimes a gift can be that simple and that profound. THE IMPORTANT THING IS TO SHOW YOU CARE A LOT FOR THEM.

love
    aarthi
    source: frm RD.

2. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Nice post, aarthi !

I enjoyed reading it immensely.
    The general custom followed now a days is very similar to " passing the parcel". Such gifts are best not given.
    I always attach a lot of importance when I give gifts to others & really plan and select them to suit their taste & lifestyle. Whether the receiver enjoys it or not, I enjoy it very much.
    Thanks for a thought-provoking post.
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

3. subbi

subbi New IL'ite

HAI
    really enjoyed it. it is thoughtful and nice.
    subbi

4. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

s gifts are really not just for special occasions but whenever you feel like you give it to your loved ones. Just small simple specially picked ones def makes the person remember you whenever they see it. Dont forget to add a dash of your personal touch