1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Few lessons learnt in Life's journey...

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by subbutr, Oct 29, 2007.

1. subbutr

subbutr Senior IL'ite

My dear friends,

As we have seen lots of postings and observations about Vedanta ,Karma, Destiny across from various scriptures,

it is very clear that we need to realize the self so that all doubts seizes which is the essence of our birth.

I also would have asked the same question what we are all exchanging through this thread.

I am also trying to understand the truth of our existence, creation.

I have been earnestly putting effort to understand the same under the guidance of my Guru & the scriptures.

Coming to the question of Destiny, I have gone through the teachings of Ramana Maharishi & other various spiritual masters and coming to understand slowly that Destiny, Fate are predestined .

Initially we may revolt on this statement and may question that there is an effort from me.

It reminds me of Ramana Maharishi's statement to his mother that “The ordainer controls the fate of the soul as per their Prarabdhas, what has to happen will happen how ever you try to stop it and What will not happen however you try to do it will not happen hence observe and be in Silence".

The question of our effort should be only to understand the truth of Maharishi's statement.

This at the beginning will be very very difficult to digest because of our inherent Vasanas accumulated in various births.

Like to share some more information on Destiny, Fate & Free will.

This should give some Idea of how to graduate in our Thought process.

You are responsible for what you are today, your pain and suffering and misery.

You cannot escape your responsibility by blaming fate, for fate is of your own making, or by blaming fate / God for he is but the divine dispenser of fruits in accordance with the merits of your own actions.

You are none to blame but yourself for your present state of affairs.

Fate is nothing but the sum total of your past actions.

By exercising your free will in the past, you have brought on the resultant fate ( Present)

By exercising your free will in the present, wipe out the past record , work for a better future.

Whether for acquiring more happiness or for reducing misery, you have to exercise your free will in the present.

Fate is invisible.

The past is past and is beyond our vision and unseen.

Do not worry about fate or the past.

The present is before you and by exercise of freewill, you can shape the future and this is what you should do.

Start with boundless hope with the presumption that nothing is impossible for you.

If you work with earnestness and persist in your efforts, you can accomplish anything.

If we do not succeed in the first few attempts, it means that in the past we have exercised our free will just in opposite direction.

So our present effort must be proportionate to that past activity to eliminate those effects.

Thus the past obstacles which we face in life are just the gauge by which we have to guide our present activities.

If you do not succeed even after your best effort, do not despair for fate being a product of your free will, can never be stronger than free will.

When we see a nail on the wall we cannot see what exact length of the nail is embedded in the wall.

How much effort is required to pullout the nail depends on how deeply the nail is embedded on the wall.

We do not desist from the attempt to pull out the nail simply because we happen to be ignorant of the length of the nail in the wall or of the number and intensity of strokes which drove it in.

If we do not succeed in the first few attempts, we increase the number of intensity of our present efforts to pull it out.

The nail in the wall represents the obstacles which arise in our present life due to the wrong use of our freewill in the past.

Just as we persevere to pull out the nail from the wall, we should make persistent efforts to counteract the ill effects of our past actions.

We are bound to pull out the nail sooner or later.

Similarly, we are bound to overcome all the obstacles which we face in our life, if we try hard.

Subbu

sindmani likes this.

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi subbu sir,

Observations is one more factor to sure success....it has left me pondering...keep posting similar ones....will be back...to learn ....

3. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear Subbu,

Did I tell you that the first story is good...

Your observations is great... It gave me a new perspective to think on... Great... Thanks for sharing and keep posting....

4. nivedha

nivedha New IL'ite

Dear Subbu,
    You are right, OBSERVATION is the key to everything.When you channel your observation completely, it works wonders, especially in personal relationship.

5. subbutr

subbutr Senior IL'ite

Thanks to shanvy, vysan and nivedha for the feedbacks & visits to my blogs.
    Hope the concept of the blog fulfills informations and as you also agreed that Observations are the key to success.
    As our elders use to say....

Observe, Analyze, Amalgamate, Approach, Apply and Achieve...

Subbu

6. aabcii

aabcii Gold IL'ite

HI subbu...

thanks ..its nice....
    keep posting it

7. subbutr

subbutr Senior IL'ite

Thank you dear aabci for the observations and feedbacks.

Hope to see some more from your desk on this subject.

Subbu