1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Few hours of baby sitting

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by knot2share, Jan 20, 2010.

1. natpudan

natpudan Gold IL'ite

Hello S aunty, the K2S and my Junior,

I know you people can't stop talking, but how is that you can't stop writing too?

You keep saying that you are not good at writing, but it doesn't seem to be as you claim. But I can only comment.

Lovely write up.:thumbsup

Now I understood the reason for your head ache. Stick to what you are good at - 1 Table. Never attempt to master the 2 & 3 Tables. Head ache will go away.:)

Oops button was amazing. How nice it will be if we had a Oops button in life. We can easily wipe off all mistakes.

Baby sit more & share your experiences further. We are eagerly awaiting to read more of it.

Kids teach us more than what we teach them, isn't it?

2. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

K2S,
    Thoroughly enjoyed your baby-sitting write-up.

We learn a lot from children for sure and your post of Oops button, they like to watch repeatedly anything they interest them, etc..are the perfect eg.

Thagappan sami..that's what Lord Muruga is being called the "Father of Man" isn't it!

We learned a lot too from your baby-sitting!

sriniketan

3. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

Dear Radsahana/K...Thank you so much for reading and glad to know that you enjoyed. You both are certainly right that one does not get to realise how time flies when we are with kids. Their endless energy seems to rub on us as well. Of course we do get organised a lot when trying to manage things around the house

Dear TL..Absolutely agree with you but I guess everybody has their own reasons for being able to spend or not spend enough time. Whatever it is like you said, it is indeed a joy to be with them even if it is for a short time. Thank you so much for visiting the post and commenting. I am happy to know that you did enjoy reading it. I enjoyed writing it too.

4. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

Dear Senior...You mean to say I can't stop writing ??? C'mon, here is Kamalji saying that I have not written in a long time and you say that I don't stop writing ?? :). Let me put it this way - I write as much as I talk !! correcta?? I shall stick to 1 tables hereafter. Good advise! Absolutely the Oops button was too good. It was more fun to actually listen to her explain about it. Senior, I would not wipe off all our mistakes in life. If we could then we wouldn't be the wise people that we are now. Romba Romba thank you for the feedback. Ungala mathiri ellarum encourage panrathunaley only I am able to come up with whatever I can.

Dear Sri....Delighted to see you here. I feel we learn a lot from the kids than what we have to teach them. I was relieved at the end of it because my main aim was that the little girl should not get bored being with me. I need to get a few more good movies for them to watch if and when they do come. Although Finding Nemo might be the movie that she prefers to watch over and over again, a little bit of variety might also be good. And like Mindi suggested, I need to look at reading stories for her the next time.
    Thank you for the comments Sri.

5. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

Dear K2S,

Hee hee I used the oops button once as I started addressing you..with the caps lock I tried to type 2 in your username :crazy.

I really feel, this veeru, then the mighty armies or cats and kittens and then your little niece are really lucky to have all your attention at sometime in their life. And add to it, they get mentioned in your blogs :). And yes, we too are lucky they we get to read those beautiful blogs from you. Many thanx for that.

I hope she visits you again..with her beado and pink bag stuff. Be ready with lemon and color pencils :-D, and let us know what more you learnt from her, as oops in this case.

That was a cute narration, K2S.
    Bye

6. natpudan

natpudan Gold IL'ite

Junior,

Saraswathi reminds me of the hindi teacher we had Saraswathi Miss and also our bhajan song saraswathi namas thubyam....

In one of the fb's I addressed her as Saraswathi ji & she got annoyed for the ji. Some names do command respect, isn't it?

Also she reminds me of the Courtallam Saaral, as she is from Tenkasi you know.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2010
  7. Raechel

Raechel Senior IL'ite

Hi K2S,

True, time flies like anything when we are with kids.

The write up, was really good, which goes without saying.

I envy you for making a wonderful post from trivial day to day activities.

I loved that part on 'ooooooops' :oops: button.

Would love to see more from your goody basket.:thumbsup

8. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

Dear Saraswati
    Soooooooo glad to see you here and you started off with Oops button ! :). Lets not talk about the cats at the moment. They have been good reasonably and have not been annoying that much. I have surely bought a new pack of colouring pencils and depending on when she comes again, will have lemons with me too :). Thank you as always for your comments and really delighted to know that you enjoyed it. Hope you are keeping well. Let me wait and see what all I have and will have in store to blog...

Senior
    I think Saraswati madam was the Sanskrit teacher illaya? Your memory is better than mine. I remember learning Venkateshwara Suprabhatam from her too during lunch break. Myself and another classmate of mine used to go to her. But what happened at the end and why did we learn all this nu nyabagam illai. Coming to our IL Saraswati, initially I also thought her to be verrrrrrrrrrrrrry senior and like you said some names demand respect by default somehow. But nyan theriyama ente age hint koduthhu evideyo and she came back saying, "K2S, you are my akkaaaaaaaaa!! " Thank fully only akkaa and not aunty...heheheh. I know she is from Coutrallam. Monkey puranam kelvipattirukken in a feedback that she had given to me.

9. knot2share

knot2share Gold IL'ite

Dear Raechel
    Just noticed your comments too and so decided to reply. Lovely seeing you here and Comment allez vous? .... Honestly I have not been to the BBC site for a verrry long time, maybe after lesson 2. Thank you for enjoying the post. I enjoyed writing it too and really glad that it has been received decently well by a few here. Writing a post out of a trivial days activities......that is right. It should give you an insight into how I had fared during my school exams. Rubber mathiri stretch the fact and write everthing you can think about to make it interesting and long :). But honestly, this was not at all like that. I enjoyed everything that day and although like you said, there wasn't much that happened for which I could have used just 2 or 3 bullet points to explain and finish. My whole day was gone and I had done nothing much at all. That was what amazed me. Time sure flies swiftly and like TL had commented before, one would surely wonder at the end how fast time has gone past and our baby is not a baby anymore. Lets see what the goody basket has to give out next ........! Merci beaucoup encore.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2010
  10. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

Hi Junior and Senior :biglaugh,

It feels nice to know that people think of me as veryyyyyyyyyyyy senior he he he . Do not worry..I will not be annoyed ...Will gladly acknowledge the respect given to me [​IMG]. But will reciprocate the same :biggrin2:.

Bye