1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Few Facts For A “mystery Reader” ?

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by anika987, Nov 28, 2019.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

I have signed up as a mystery reader for my kid’s class..

I have been asked to write few facts about me so that it acts as cues for the child to figure who it is..

I was writing something like good cook, loves dance but those seem so vague..I am not a working mother like the rest of the moms in my kid’s class.So one of the fact is a homemaker which my friend actually suggested.

Is it okay to write that? How will that look like to the teachers and the rest of the kids?

Caughtinbetween likes this.

2. abcd5

abcd5 Silver IL'ite

anika987 likes this.
  3. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

4. Vaikuntha

Vaikuntha Platinum IL'ite

How about writing that you are eagerly waiting at bus stop for your kid. And have some “tiffin” ready for them.
    No one will get the tiffin, your kid will understand

anika987 likes this.
  5. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

That stopping in bus stop was one idea in my list :)

6. Agathinai

Agathinai Gold IL'ite

Write about something which you and your kid enjoy together. Can be some movie or a cartoon which you enjoy for the sake of kid and kid would quickly recognise it’s you. Or the story which you read or talk to your kid on a regular basis.

Or something which is very special dish which you both like. How old is your kid? Your kid should be able to understand the cues. General ones may confuse the kid.

anika987 likes this.
  7. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Anika,

Since you are a mystery reader, I am assuming your child is in elementary school. This is a wonderful opportunity to see yourself from the adoring point of view of your child. I am an elementary school teacher and I am always fascinated, amazed, surprised with the descriptions given by students when it comes to parents. Working or not is not one of the first things a child sees in a parent (mom or dad in fact) or talks about to a teacher. Even the link provided shows that!

Wear your label of a homemaker proudly and go have fun and be the happiest mystery reader you can be! And as for teachers, we rarely worry about what the parents do, seriously! We are only concerned about the student and most of our conversations are about the child and not the parent, really!

PS: been there, done that as a parent - mystery reader I mean! The joy on my daughter's face when she saw is still fresh in my mind!

8. Caughtinbetween

Caughtinbetween Gold IL'ite

All the best anika with it . I didnt know about any such thing , from the description looks fun. Please do let us know how it went . I am excited to try all this when my time comes.

anika987 likes this.
  9. SpringB

SpringB Platinum IL'ite