1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

fever like symptoms aftr workout..Is anything wrong?

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by jaaisu, Jul 12, 2011.

1. jaaisu

jaaisu Senior IL'ite

Dear frnds,

Aftr working out yestrday (Started yestrday again aftr 2 1/2 months) i feel very tired.. And i feel some what feverish.. My body is hotttttt like anythng with a mild headache when i woke up this mrng.... Is there anythng wrong or anything i shud follow.. Last time i don remeber i felt sick ..I had enough rest aftr that.. but now Im bit busy and have no proper rest.. Is it due to that or something else?

2. pman16

pman16 Platinum IL'ite

You should understand your body better than anyone. If it is indicating you to take rest, then you should take it easy and relax. Also check if you are nearing your periods. I feel dull and not energetic after a workout during my PMS. Or even stress adds up to such situation. Keep yourself stress-free and enjoy your workout. After a gap of certain period, gradually increase the intensity of workout and dont jump to higher ones on day one.
    Hope this helps.

3. rmpriya

rmpriya IL Hall of Fame

Hi jaaisu,

I too had such similar symptoms exactly what you said .But next day when I check weight , it will be 1 kg less . Strange .. :)
    I am feeling the same from yesterday ,after I started with JM 30 day shred . And my weight shows 1 kg less is today; It is 74kg .

As pman said , our body is asking for some rest .

I am just relaxing today . Did not do any work out .

4. jaaisu

jaaisu Senior IL'ite

Hi pman,

thx for ur info..I have around 10 days for my cycle to happen..Though i did not do much workout yestrday i was worried of the rise in temperature...I agree that proper rest is a must But i was quite busy with somethng else that i din did not find enough time..thanks anyway..

5. jaaisu

jaaisu Senior IL'ite

Hi priya,

Me too resting for one or 2 days..Im overstressed and working will make it worse..They say when you first start working out u will shed few kgs in the first week itself but aftr that it wil;l be very slow..

6. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

I have been watching the www.workoutmaster.com videos and they have a lot exercise information specifically for women on their healthy living channel. They advocate that you NOT workout if you are tired and special care must be taken before periods and during pregnancy and after childbirth. Hormonally you are much more susceptable to injury at those times. If you are having a headache it means you need to drink a lot of water. You can check their videos.

7. rmpriya

rmpriya IL Hall of Fame

Jaaisu ,

My special days have started . May be my body for reacting to that . Asking me to take rest .As Pman said , PMS symptoms .

8. indianguy2010

indianguy2010 IL Hall of Fame

It is possible to experience fever like symptoms after a strenuous work-out. Because, exercise is a catabolic state (body breaks down energy) and then, the body temperature slightly increases due to exercises, which gets cooled later by sweating.

I feel fever like symptoms, after a long (30 min) session of continuous swimming. Just check your body temperature with a thermometer. If it shows normal reading, then ignore the fever like symptoms. All you need is , rest after that strenuous work-out.

9. geetadamle

geetadamle Silver IL'ite

Hello,
    Hope you are feeling better now.
    --If you are starting workouts after a long period of time, and doing it with more intensity you may feel feverish.
    --After a long break you should gradually increase the intensity of workout over couple of days. Dont rush.
    --Adequate rest is a must.
    --Drink enough water throughout the day.
    --A good workout must be accompanied with prework and postworkout snack to replenish the enery lost in workout immediately. Its food for our muscles. (instant protein+carb is a must)
    If you skip this, workout won't count al all and you may feel weak.
    --After workout one must feel energetic and not tired/sick/painful. If you are feeling fever, something is not right.
    --Eat right throughout the day. Do NOT do "FAD diets" or "EAT LESS". Eat adequate quantities of wholesome meals/fruits/veggies/nuts/carbs/protein/fiber/(most important) fat.

10. jaaisu

jaaisu Senior IL'ite

Hi geeta,

That was a nice info... thanks a ton...