1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Fever due to climate change

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by sidrasmom, May 3, 2010.

1. sidrasmom

sidrasmom New IL'ite

Hi All,

Before I begin let me apologize in advance if this is a re-post. I looked and didn't see a similar thread.

My dd is having fever for the past 2 days. Her temperature comes up and down. I'm giving her Ibuprofen from Walgreens(gave one dose of motrin but as recalled did not give). She becomes Ok after the medicine intake. But 6 hours later she burns up again.

Weather here in New York has been crazy lately. It was winter like cold 3 days ago and now it feels like it summer already. Could this sudden change in weather have caused the fever? My dd had 101.5 today.

There are bursts of activeness and playfulness. But then she feels weak.She is not eating anything.i am BF her,wants it all the time,keeps on sucking & remain with me.

i am not calling ped yet as she will ask her to bring to emergency and then a long procedure here.feeling helpless.Any home remedies please suggest to control this.

i know it will take its due time but feeling so helpless so writing

2. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

First of all fever is NOT due to climate change. The most common cause of fever is infection and that is in all probability what your LO has. I would suggest Tylenol (or whatever brand of Acetaminophen you prefer) every 4-6 hours and if the fever lasts longer than 5 days (the usual accepted time for viral fever to resolve on its own) then see your doc. Dont worry - all kids go through this several times in their lives.

Vanathi.

3. sidrasmom

sidrasmom New IL'ite

Thanks Vanathi.Will wait today as well or else will consult a ped.