Fertility statues and charms

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by SBC, Jun 20, 2007.

1. SBC

SBC New IL'ite

Fertility shrine

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=384 border=0><TD vAlign=top align=left width=282>

FERTILITY SHRINE AT BANGKOK AT NAI LERT PARK

<TD vAlign=top align=right width=80><TABLE class=rating cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width=70 border=0><TD vAlign=top align=middle><TD width=22>[​IMG] <TD align=left width=362 colSpan=2>Hundreds of phalluses from small wooden carvings to big stone sculptures decorated with ribbons make this shrine quite the unique one. It honors Chao Mae Tuptim, a female fertility spirit. Women visit this shrine when they are trying to conceive, leaving offerings of lotus and jasmine, and if Bangkok gossip is worth anything, the shrine has a good success rate. To get there, go to the Nai Lert Park Hotel and walk to the end of the ground-level garage, where it's on your right. It's open every day until dusk. Skytrain: Chitlom.
    Address: Nai Lert Park Hotel, 2 Wittayu (Wireless Rd.), Bangkok, Thailand

the website is Nothing To See Here: Tuptim Shrine, Bangkok

2. velkalai

velkalai New IL'ite

Norethisterone and pregnancy

Hi all,

I'm trying to conceive. But, my periods are not being regular. it was all regular last year and this year has become quite worse on me.. I'vnt got my periods for the past 3 months.. I checked with doctor and she asked me to take norethisterone for 2 weeks and in the third week u'll get the periods..

Now am very depressed and wondering whether everything will be alright and I'll be pregnant..

anybody had this kind of problem, kindly share with me and suggest me the right ways..

Thanks,

Kalai

3 people like this.
  3. Sumaticg

Sumaticg Senior IL'ite

Re: norethisterone and pregnancy

Hi Velkai

I aam also taking it. I am having PCOS and my periods were delaying for more than 50days in may so from june and now i am taking ti from 14th day,As of this medicine no problem . I too had the same anxitey as i am also seriously trying for a baby. But when i asked the dr she said actually every women when she conceive she need high level of Progestrone and this will infact avoid any miscarriages . So dont worry on it. It does no harm i take 5mg u.

4. velkalai

velkalai New IL'ite

Re: norethisterone and pregnancy

Hi Sumathi,

Thanks for the reply.. am bit relieved now.. actually mine is also delayed for more than 70 days and this is the first time,, it's getting delayed for so long.. I'm taking 5mg.. and looking forward to see my baby's face...

Wish you the best of luck..

Thanks,

Kalai

1 person likes this.
  5. SBC

SBC New IL'ite

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=601 border=0><TD width=15><TD vAlign=top width=317>[FONT=Georgia,Times,Times New Roman]African Fertility Statues![/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia,Times,Times New Roman]Believe It or Not! these world famous fertility statues from the Ivory Coast of Africa have generated interest throughout the entire world. In the past two years, dozens of women have claimed that as a result of touching the statues, they have been able to start a family. Therefore, when these statues go on tour, please don't touch!...unless you want to start a family. The legend of the fertility statues started in 1995. The totems-- a male and female statue, each about four feet high-- were meant merely to decorate the exterior of the headquarters of Ripley's Believe It or Not! in Orlando, Florida. They were imported from the Baule tribe in the Ivory Coast (of Africa) at a cost of about $1,000 each. In the first year that the statues were displayed, eight out of twenty staffers became or would soon become parents. In addition, an Airborne Express delivery woman who frequently touched the statues when she dropped off deliveries to Ripley Entertainment Inc., also became pregnant. Kimberly Martin, a Ripley employee, accidentally bumped into the totems, during a time when she was taking birth control pills. Nine months later, she had given birth to a seven-pound, three-ounce baby boy! The interest the statues have generated has spurred stories shown on CNN News, Good Morning America!, Unsolved Mysteries (shown 4 times), a Spanish show called Primer Impacto, as well as numerous local news programs. Several women from across the world who have been unable to see the statues in person have faxed photocopies of their hands, articles of clothing and other unusual items to be rubbed on the statues in the hopes of becoming pregnant. [/FONT]
    <!-- [FONT=Georgia,Times,Times New Roman]A new fertility statue tour [/FONT]
    [FONT=Georgia,Times,Times New Roman] will commence on July 1st — [/FONT]
    [FONT=Georgia,Times,Times New Roman] watch this space to see when they’re[/FONT]
    [FONT=Georgia,Times,Times New Roman] coming to San Francisco![/FONT]
    [FONT=Georgia,Times,Times New Roman] [/FONT][FONT=Georgia,Times,Times New Roman]For more information, e-mail the Ripley's Believe It or Not! corporate office in Orlando, Florida for further updates at hq@ripleys.com. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Georgia,Times,Times New Roman] [/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia,Times,Times New Roman] [ back ][/FONT]-->
    <TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=601 border=0><TD vAlign=top width=310><TD width=15>[​IMG]<TD width=270><TR align=middle><TD vAlign=top colSpan=3>

6. SBC

SBC New IL'ite

fertility charms

Does anyone have any good-luck charms or superstitions for getting pregnant..

Below are some fertility beliefs and lucky charms I have read ....
    A little humour never hurts

1.Kokopelli, the Indian spirit is considered good luck for infertility.
    Ancient legend says that childless women would beg him to stay with them and play his flute.
    (He's available in most Southwest stores. I hope its true. I just bought one in Fort Worth this weekend.

2.I have also heard, tho, that having a dog at your wedding is a fertility charm.

On the subject of "odd" (or we hope not so odd!) fertility rites...a couple just got some "magic wine" that they intend to try with this cycle. A dear friend's sister is a very religious Jew, and went to visit the grand pooh-bah Rabbi (no disrespect, but I don't remember his exact title) a few years ago. Having many children is considered a blessing among the Orthodox, and he apparently asked her why she hadn't had any. When she explained that she and her husband had been trying for years without success, he took a bottle of wine, blessed it, told her to mix a few drops with another bottle and drink it for the Sabbath. Voila! -- She is now the mother of two sets of twins, and another for good measure (the twins the result of IVF, the other a "miracle baby" -- her tubes were blocked). According to my friend, every woman who has had some of the wine has become pregnant, even those who weren't trying, those who didn't know what they were drinking, and those that had been told they couldn't have children. Our friend just had another friend bring us some of the wine in a baby food jar (she lives 2,000 miles away).

1) Have sex at your in-laws house .
    2) Watch (rental obviously) "She's having a baby". the person who told me said they did it before both pregnancies were conceived and it worked so well the second pregnancy is twins!!

Please do share any fertility charms that you know of..it is Fun and you never know what works.

best regards,
    SBC.

7. Smitha D

Smitha D New IL'ite

Re: Fertility statues and charms Chilur balaji

Hi to all smart indus ladies out there,

Em trying for a baby and had recently visted Chilkur balaji in hyderabad.
    Have heard lots about this pious temple which is famous as Visa god but even otherwise people go there with their problems there for a solution to the lotus feet of god balaji.

One can always try and go there
    OM NAMOH SRI VENKATEHSAYA !!!

The chanting mantra is OM DHATRE NAMAHA!!!as many times a day as you want u can chant this

Last edited: May 13, 2008
  8. Smitha D

Smitha D New IL'ite

Hi to all smart indus ladies out there,

Em trying for a baby and had recently visted Chilkur balaji in hyderabad.
    Have heard lots about this pious temple which is famous as Visa god but even otherwise people go there with their problems for a solution to the lotus feet of god balaji.

One can always try and go there
    OM NAMOH SRI VENKATEHSAYA !!!

The chanting mantra is OM DHATRE NAMAHA!!!

9. SBC

SBC New IL'ite

10. ramyav_cse

ramyav_cse Gold IL'ite

Re: fertility statues

It doesnt seem to come to LA this year SBC...I wish it did :(