Fertility Drugs

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Shubha160881, Nov 28, 2016.

1. Shubha160881

Shubha160881 New IL'ite

Hi - I would like to begin the IVF treatment and am quite dreading it. Have a few questions:

1. Has anyone had any emotional side effects on account of taking the multitude of hormones - how do you cope with it?
    2. Do you know of any infertility clinic / doctor in Mumbai who lets you (your DH) do the injections on your own. I quite hate the idea of going and waiting in a hospital / clinic everyday to get jabbed
    3. Has anyone had any discussion of whether progesterone can be given through tablets or other non invasive ways. I understand this has to be taken for prolonged periods once pregnant especially if one goes through an IVF.

Will be great if someone can answer my questions! Looking forward before I start my IVF journey....

2. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

1) I did not have any side effects, thankfully
    2) I did IVF in the US and we take all the injections on our own. It is very expensive to have a nurse come to your house and the clinic will not do injections for you. I had to attend a class where the nurses show you how to do it and there are plenty of videos on You tube so you should be able to learn on your own. The daily injections are very easy. You may want to get a nurse to do the trigger shot if you are using HCG and need an intramuscular injection and you are not confident about it.
    3) You can take progesterone without injections. Discuss with your doctor.

3. Shubha160881

Shubha160881 New IL'ite

Oh good to hear. All the best to you. Do you by any chance know about any clinics in India (Mumbai) which allow you to do the shots on your own?? Pls let me know....