1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Feng Shui & Vaastu

Discussion in 'Home Decoration & Improvement' started by lakshmisuresh12, Sep 23, 2005.

1. sree

sree New IL'ite

vasthu sasthra

hi neha,,
    Count me in too,I'm very much interested in these kind of thngs,anything that will do good to our home,health and career i'm reday to try. In fact some body suggested a few things to fertiliy in this site,i tried and today morning i found out i'm pregnant.so anything you have to offer please do. may be you can give us one tip a day or so.anything convenient to you.
    Thanks in advance

2. Ashna

Ashna Bronze IL'ite

Vastu

Hi Sree,

Could you please share with us tip for fertility again.
    I am sure many of us will benefit from it.

3. Neha Mullick

Neha Mullick New IL'ite

Vastu Shastra

Hi Lakshmi,
    Great to hear from you.
    Vastu is very vast. I am not sure where to exactly start with.
    I shall just tell the basic principles of it:
    . The system of Vastu is an admixture of science, astronomy, &astrology.The rules are based on the fact that the source of energy of the whole world is stored at North and South Poles which flows from North Pole to South Pole in the form of magnetic waves.

one of the Vastu rule is that one should not sleep facing his head towards north.
    Pooja Room:The deity should face West, can face East or North but it should NEVER face South. North - East zone is considered most appropriate for worship for another reason also. In the morning the sun’s rays straight fall on North - <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place>East Side</st1:place> of the house which is most auspicious and good for health.

Bed Room
    Generally the eldest sleeps in the South - West room, the elderly in the South - Eastern room, the next in the North - West room and only the children should sleep in the North - Eastern room but not the couple. Now there are some points, which one should always remember:

Kitchen: The best location for the kitchen is the South - East corner. When the entrance of the house is from east or South, then the kitchen may be shifted to the North - West corner of the house. In the layout of the kitchen, following rules should be followed:

The cooking platform should be towards eastern sidewall of the kitchen, as good results can be achieved when one faces east while cooking.

The sink should be in the North - East corner of the kitchen.

The slope of the water flow should be from South - West towards North - East.

The cylinder should be placed in the South - east corner.

The Geyser should be installed either in the South - East corner or the South wall.

The electronic gadgets should be placed on the Southern platform.

The storage for all the food grains, utensils, the over head almirah should always be on the Southern and the western walls and not on the Northern and the Eastern walls.

The fridge should be in placed in the North - West corner of the kitchen

The exhaust fan should be installed either in the North - West corner or the South wall

These are some basic rules. if you want to know anything in specific let me know.

Have a nice weekend.

Neha

4. lakshmisuresh12

lakshmisuresh12 New IL'ite

Hi,
    U know too much about Vastu.........:shock:
    this wud answer all my questions.......
    Nothing left....
    Very informative, but what if we can't follow few of them......Is there any alternatives?
    Regards.

5. sree

sree New IL'ite

hi Ashna,
    it was for marital relationship,and romance from prathi i guess,like hang couples pictures,and dragon pictures,then i also placed a ganesha idol on the left most corner of my bedroom,and somewhere else i read to place a elephants picture or statue in the bedroom.that's all i did .hope it helps.

6. prathi

prathi Bronze IL'ite

Fertility and feng shui

Hi ashna ,

I came across this article. Hope it helps. I wish u all the best..

<TABLE cellSpacing=5 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0>Expanding Your Family - Fertility and Feng Shui <TD align=right>So many of you are looking for a little help in increasing your odds (or that of a family member) of becoming pregnant. But how can Feng Shui help you in your fertility quest?

One way to increase your odds of adding to your family is by refraining from disturbing the energy in your home. When trying to conceive, avoid any remodeling, major or minor, in or around your home. Try to keep your home as calm as possible. And don't agitate the energy around your bed. Don't sweep or dust around or under your bed during conception attempts and pregnancy. A dusty bedroom could just equal a baby in your future!

Keep the area under your bed clear and clutter free. In Feng Shui it is always recommended that the area under the bed be clear so energy can circulate under you while you sleep, this is even more important when trying to conceive and while pregnant.

Another way to pump up your fertility is by getting an elephant. No, not a real one! A representation of an elephant. Elephants have been considered a fertility symbol for thousands of years. Place a lovely elephant figurine in your bedroom. Rub your elephant to bring more children into your family. Some other items to add to your bedroom (or wear as jewelry) include Rose Quartz Crystals and Kwan Yin (Goddess of Compassion) statues. Both are known to increase fertility. And Kwan Yin will come in handy after you have your baby, because she guards the souls of children. Prolific bunny rabbits are excellent symbols of fertility. Additionally, add nine stalks of bamboo plant to the Children and Creativity Bagua area (the right center area) of your bedroom. This adds healthy growth to this Bagua area. Make sure to take care of your plants. If any of your bamboo plants show any sign of ill health immediately discard the stalk and replace them. Sick or dead plants are sources of negative energy, something you are trying to avoid. Another thing to add is a brass wind chime to the entranceway to the house. This will stimulate the energy and bring it into your home. This is very important when trying to bring a new life into your home. Hang a crystal in the Children and Creativity Bagua area (the right center area) of your bedroom.

So stop dusting and start buying positive symbols of fertility for your home. Once you have that new bundle of joy you will know that it was worth that little bit of trouble for that lifetime of joy.

7. manju_j

manju_j New IL'ite

Feng Shui

I came across an article about Fengshui sometime back. It is said to deal with light and water energy.

In the bathrooms, keep a glass vase filled with flowers or colored stones on top of the flush tank. This will balance the energy due to flow of water.

Make good lighting in the bathroom - we generally tend to have dim lighting in the bathroom, which is not right.

8. meenaprakash

meenaprakash Silver IL'ite

Vaastu....

Hello Neha,

I just went thru ur post on vaastu - it's indeed interesting and I do understand vaastu is vast.....but sometimes I do wonder if we can incorporate all that in our house.

Anyway, now I'm eager to know the vaastu behind stairs..

could u pls share points on how the stair case shld be placed (directions) if there is one inside the house - maybe a stair in the living running upper floor.. and also one if outside the house and maybe goes to the terrace??????

thanx in advance.

9. Neha Mullick

Neha Mullick New IL'ite

Vastu

Hello Meena,
    How are you? Could you please elaborate on what exactly you want....whether you already have a house and you want to check whether its in the right place or you are constructing one and want to know abt it.

Cheers
    Neha

10. meenaprakash

meenaprakash Silver IL'ite

feng shui

Hello Neha,

Yes, we are constructing a house and we have a stair case in the dining to go upstairs - this in indoor and we have another one outside to reach the terrace.

I heard something like the stairs shld be placed in such a way that u climb towards south or .. (not sure though).

hope u understand my need. even otherwise if u have any tip on stair, pls do post it.

Thank u so much.......