1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Feng Shui & Vaastu

Discussion in 'Home Decoration & Improvement' started by lakshmisuresh12, Sep 23, 2005.

1. lakshmisuresh12

lakshmisuresh12 New IL'ite

Hi,
    Does anyone from this forum, believe in Feng Shui? If yes, give me some tips like the wind chims, bamboos, dragon headed tortoise, etc., etc.,....
    Does this really work?
    Regards

1 person likes this.

2. vidhyalakshmid

vidhyalakshmid IL Hall of Fame

Hi Lakshmi,

I know some tips in Fengshui, but I don`t know whether it is working or not.

1.Keep the laughing Buddha idol facing the entrance of your home, which will bring

wealth as believed.

2.Keep a bowl of salt (unrefined or crystal) in toilets to neutralise the negative

energy. Change it fortnightly or weekly. I always do it.

3.Remove all non-functional clocks and other appliances from home.

4.Use agarbathis for cleansing negative energy.

5.The best place to hang a six-rod wind chime is in the northwest corner of your

living room.

If anybody has benefitted from Fengshui, please share with us.

3. rohini

rohini New IL'ite

Feng shui items

Hi,

I have also heard about Feng shui items - that they bring health, wealth and prosperity. It is told to bring positive energy in the environment where it is placed - be it home or office.

I have a laughing buddha carrying a ingot on top of his head - it is a typical posture of laughing buddha. It signifies abundance. It is the most suitable figurine for those who are seeking to have fulfillment in life and have successful pursuits.

4. prathi

prathi Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

Feng Shui is a chinese science which resembles our ancient hindu science of Vaastu shastra. I used to watch a program on fengshui on the national TV here.

Some tips i have heard are

1. Always keep your toilet seat/comode covered. Never keep it open.
    2. IF there are any leaks in the sanitary pipes at home, fix them immediately. Else money would flow like water.
    3. Never keep clutter at home. Throw away whatever is not used or not needed.
    4. In the left most corner of your bed room or living room, keep something auspicious, like idol of God or a family picture and keep the space free of clutter.
    5. If you are keen on improving marital and romantic relations, hang the paintings or pictures of a couple in the space u mostly use (ur bedroom). If u have a picture of a single woman or a single man there, move it to another spot in the house.

5. lakshmisuresh12

Hey guys,

Thanks for the reply and tips...
    I also got to know something yesterday.....
    To improve the marital relationships, hang a dragon and phoenix with mystic knot in ur bed room.....
    And also keep a dragon headed tortoise at home.......Bamboo sticks(looks like broom sticks) is always good for wealth and harmony........
    Guys from bangalore, can u please let me know where wud i get these products...?
    Regards.

6. sree

sree New IL'ite

prathi,

you mentioned left most corner of the bedroom and living room,i just want to make clear that when we enter the rooms our left side right?please give me a reply.

Also i would like to share some thing never place a mirror on the foot of your bed,this will cause fight between couples.

7. prathi

prathi Bronze IL'ite

Your doubt

Sree

"you mentioned left most corner of the bedroom and living room,i just want to make clear that when we enter the rooms our left side right?please give me a reply."

Yes, u got it right. When we enter the room our left side and left side corner to be more precise.

8. poojitha

poojitha New IL'ite

Feng **** at your workplace

It is believed that one can enhance their career energies by placing glass vases and bowls in the work place.

I used to have a glass vase filled with artificial flowers in my work place and psychologically I felt it helped me being successful at work.

9. Neha Mullick

Neha Mullick New IL'ite

Vastu Shastra

Hi...
    I am a new member to this group.
    I am an Architect and currently working as an architect interior designer.
    I have decent knowledge regarding vastu shastra. So if anybody is interested in Vastu let me know.
    Neha

10. lakshmisuresh12

Hi Neha,

I'm very much interested in it....and wud like to know about it....
    Regards.