1. The Great Big Must Read List : Find Interesting Book Suggestions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Feminism Books

Discussion in 'Book Lovers' started by Champa Ramesh, Jan 2, 2008.

1. Hi All,

WISH YOU ALL HAPPY & PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR!!!
    Gals let me know some women oriented books for me to pick it up
    Either Biography/autobiography
    Thanks in Advance.

2. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Hi Champa,

Happy new Year! You could try biographies and autobios of Indian women like Annie Besant, Rukmini Arundale, MS Subbalakshmi, Mother Theresa.

These are not exactly feminist, but all these inspiring ladies fought the systems ,people and forces dominating their lives and societies and emerged victorious.

3. SoaringSpirit

SoaringSpirit Silver IL'ite

Happy New Year to all of my friends at IL! I wish this year brings the best for you in every sphere of your life.

I just started reading a book that talks about both sides of feminism - the side that has helped women progress and the side that has been partial to the opposite gender (men). It is a debate. The reviews about this book were good. I have read only 25 pages so far. Interesting insights.

The book is - "Does Feminism Discriminate against Men?: A Debate" by Warren Farrell, Steven Svoboda, James P. Sterba.

A friend gifted me a book for New Year's. I haven't started reading it yet. This was on Oprah's best sellers. The book is - " Eat, Pray, Love: One Woman's Search for Everything Across Italy, India and Indonesia" by Elizabeth Gilbert.

Let us know if you have any good books that you'd recommend. Not necessarily female oriented - any kind are welcome!

Happy reading!
    SS

Last edited: Jan 2, 2008
  4. KrutikaRao

KrutikaRao Senior IL'ite

I'm not a regular book reader, but prefer to read short stories / articles. I like reading Shashi Deshpande's articles and books.