Female Foetricide - Curse to Society - Our concern for the future

Discussion in 'News & Politics' started by subbutr, Sep 8, 2007.

1. Blondie

Blondie Bronze IL'ite

Looks like emancipation of our women from ancient traditions is the only answer. The Mother is also a victim here. We cannot portray the women who undergo selective abortions as murderers as long as they are financially and psychologically dependent on husbands and extended family for their well being. As long as we as a society do not work towards instilling confidence in our women and are male dominated favoring male child over the female child no law imposed by governments is going to stop this inhuman practice.

Criminal conviction should be imposed on the male members of the family when proved that selective abortion had been committed by the family member for no reason other than preference for a male child.

2. subbutr

subbutr Senior IL'ite

Yes dear Mahajanpragathi,

A valid point of how some of the parents deal with their unwanted female child by abusing her day to day.

This is mainly due to the parents inability to maintain the girl childs and it has to be condemned.

Boy or A Girl, doesnot make any big difference these days as every one has the oppertunities for a better educational, employmental and enterpruneral in the society.

It's the parents duty to bring them up in better environment.

Yes dear Blondie,

Your views are of excellent suggestions to convict both parents for the unwanted abortion. A lesson for others to think twice before taking such drastic decissions.

Subbu

3. jaishree9

jaishree9 Silver IL'ite

Hi everybody
    Yes i agree that ours is a male dominated society but In my profession I have seen on countless time that it is females who come for termination with their MIL or mothers or other female relatives & insist on it . When Asked that if their parents wud have done same while they were in womb they just laugh a sheepish laugh .
    I have seen highly educated employed ladies wanting only male child .
    This looks to me that it is true that females are their enemy of their own race.
    If all the females of famly opposes such incidence the males alone cant do much abt it.
    Jaishree

4. subbutr

subbutr Senior IL'ite

Very True our dear Jaishree,

This mentality has to change and people must come forward to nurture the realities.

Gender bias belief's has to be eradicated first from the mind of all parents.

Subbu

5. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

dear jaishree,
    i feel the logic behind these educated ladies coming for termination is that as they are career oriented they just have enough time for one kid so the male preference.
    in my circle i have seen many ladies say that one child is enough & the one saying this usually have the male child though many times naturally ,i mean they did not get tested to confirm the gender.but in some case ladies do restore to gender confirmation in case of first child too .so that there is surity of male child the first time itself.

6. Blondie

Blondie Bronze IL'ite

I am proud to say that most of my first cousins and close friends stopped with single child almost 20 years back and majority of them had girls. None of them went thru a screening (obviously). And majority of them the males had vasectomy instead of asking/ making their wives undergo tubectomy logic is that the women already had done their part / bore the pain in child birth.

Hope this wisdom dawns on the entire mankind. It will be a lot easier on the mother earth:-(

7. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

Maybe ,we should have a maternal society like in Kerala so that the female child will be given more importance than a male child. I heard that a royal family there adopted a female child as heir to the throne since they did not have any female child and since only a female child could be made a heir!!! Isn't that great!!!

I remember when I was born,my grandfather refused to come and see me because I was another girl in the family.He had 5 girls and 1 boy himself and so wanted his children to have boys.But my mother ended up having my sister and then me.But this was only a desire for him,he was never abusive because of this desire of his.He educated all his daughters well and married them off with dignity too. Now after his death, looks like the next generation is only boys..my nephew and my son respectively.

But this sure is a stigma in our society.In the hospital,I overheard a couple. The lady was telling the doctor to do a scan and find out the sex of the baby so that she could decide on a ceaserean or a normal delivery...if boy,she was willing to go thru' the pains of a normal delivery,if girl,she wanted a ceasarean.What to do with such people in society?:bangcomp:

8. subbutr

subbutr Senior IL'ite

Thanks to IndusL friends for the nice discussions and interactions.

Our Mahajan pragati's concern for the gender test is highly thoughtful...Let there be maturity in accepting the outcome of the child without any gender bias.

Our Blondie has endorsed her experiances of her relatives who are happy with the female childs and highly satisfied. It shows the wisdom and matured thinking among society.

Our sunitha's expressions with her own experiances are an eye opener.
    The true concern for the female boycott by a few is highly condemnable too...

Thank you friends for the lively debate on this socio awareness issues.

Expecting more issues on other subjects are highly solicited.

Subbu