Female Foetricide - Curse to Society - Our concern for the future

Discussion in 'News & Politics' started by subbutr, Sep 8, 2007.

1. subbutr

subbutr Senior IL'ite

My dear friends,

This topic is dedicated to many unborn female kids who are being slaughtered / aborted before they enter this universe.

The sad state of affairs going on in this world to eliminate their existance is really worrying...

There are several female foetues dumped in garbage yards too..

Many of our states it is a curse to society to let these children die prematurely.

There were many instances we have read, heard that female childs are being killed or aborted ( the modern technology of scans is the monster and although the Govt has brought out stern laws, still it continues in many parts of the country with the help of unethical medical help )

Every day nearly 2000 female unborn kids are being aborted according to recent survey.

What a sorry state of affairs and unmerciful act...

Is it a curse to be born as a female ? Certain religious faiths and belief's lead to this massacre....where only son will carry the families name and generations is the main culprit.

This indiscriminate killings will lead to mass child abuse, shortage of women in the future society, un healthy sexual violence and sex ratios drastically reduce which is a warning situation to future.

The burden of upbringing the female child, dowry menance, financial liability are the concern for the public to adhere such foeticides.

This trend of handling females as the commodities to be bought or sold will results in maximum violence on later dates...

In no way the female child is inferior, they are infact a gift of God to man, a boon to mankind to grow with love and affections.

To day women are capable of handling many portfolios when proper educational and oppertunities given.

We have seen umpteen examples in this vast universe.

Request to all brethern to accept the female kids with smiling face and make them proud by education, employment and excel in the universe.

The female folks are more reliable, lovable and understanding...Let them have their share of being in this universe...

The present laws are not enough to safeguard their presence and time to act, implement and encourage them.

Let us voice our concern against these female foetricide...

open to corrections and comments....

Subbu

2. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear subbu,
    this is the state only in india i hope no other place bother about female or male, and untill and unthen our society's attitude change towards the dowry system i dont think this act would stop, and women fall for the traps of in laws asking them to destroy as they want only a male child bringing in an inbalance in human race.

nice article but a sad one we are helpless about, as none would come forward to share before they destroy, we need to educate men that woman are not the cause for the gender, and it would be better to give the child to people who crave for one. regards sunkan

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hi subbu,

This is nice post. In our family girl child is pampered a lot... I believe it should start at the grass root level.

Did you watch the news two days back a very affluent couple had put a case in court that they would like to know the sex of the baby conceived, so that they can abort if it was a girl, since they already have 2 girls and the ruling was against the couple.

but here we are talking about the most educated and affluent thinking of abortion of a girl child.....

already the ratio of men and women is on the slide...let us put our hands together for a good cause...

count me in for the fight against feoticide....and discrimination against the girl

4. Neerjavakil

Neerjavakil Silver IL'ite

dear subu;

you have raised this issue. this is more common in our society not only in middle class but also in the high class society.

after sex determination and then abortion is very sad.

baby girl is considered to be burden

this is very sad,in our country where females have been worshipped as gods and goddesses from a very long time. such a henious crime is happening.

5. jaishree9

jaishree9 Silver IL'ite

Of course this is the biggest hypocracy of our society that we worship Laxmi ,Durga & Saraswati & then kill the female foetuses before they open eyes in this world & this is most of the time done by mothers & grandmothers & also by feamle doctors.
    I know of doctors who are jain & doing all religious rituals & doing foetoside in name of profession that if we wud not do it some body else will do .
    The Govt says that one has to inform if one knows abt the doctors but the local Police ,MLa ,District health officers all know it & take their % & just close their eyes.
    Actually this could only be stopped if the parents are ready to accept the baby till they go on seeking abortion some or other doctor or health person wud do it.
    i got two daughters only & we are four sisters only but neither my husband or my parents felt that w shud have a son . Untill the mind set is not changes it is very difficult to stop it.

6. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

dear friends,
    u may find my views weird & strange,but is it not better to abort the child girl or boy if it is unwanted.and i am not talking in context of out of marriage pregancy.
    really, whats the fun of bring any child on earth if one is going to make each day miserable for the innocent child just because he/she was unwanted & in indian context many times this happens to be female child is who is unwanted.is not one death better then dying thousand deaths all ur life.
    well, my friend was the 2nd daughter of a family of 3 girls & 1 boy(the boy born after sex determination test,16 yrs younger then the eldest daughter) & according to her ,her childhood was the worst yrs of her life& many times she wanted to commit sucide being so miserable & ignored.this makes me think was't it have been if she had not been born.this is case of one girl who was born in highly educated family & this must be happening to thousands of girls throughout the country.

7. subbutr

subbutr Senior IL'ite

My Dear Friends,

I am amazed to see the response to this socio awareness issue from all of you.

My sincere thanks to Mahajanpragati, Jayasri, Nirajvakil, Sanvy, & Sunkan for the views shared after reviewing this article.

It's most essential to raise these issues right from root levels of society in both rural and urban and find out remedies.

Educated should come forward to shed their inhibitions and come forward to implement the social reformations.

Subbu

8. jaishree9

jaishree9 Silver IL'ite

Dear Prgati
    Ur view that if unwanted , female baby shud be aborted is not fair. There are certain guidelines in indian code For MTP- that is medical termination of pregnancy like-
    if one conceive after rape.
    Fetus is suffering from some permamnent conginital or
    genetic diseases ,or mother is suffering from some severe systemic diseases & carring the child to term wud harm her or dangerous to her life ,then it is OK to abort the baby wheather it is a boy or girl .
    But the prevelence of MTP as a family planning method used liberally has resulted in female fetocide after invention of sonography.
    But why in a educated society shud one bear the pregnancy if not wanted .there are so many methods to avoid it.
    If we allow this female fetocide becoz their life wud be very much difficult than this is similar like after being widow life of most of indian feamles ( still in this 21 century is very difficult ) so why not allow SATI. What we we need is awareness in masses that daughters are better than sons & is actually true most of time.
    This female fetocide wud ultimately resulting in so altered sex ratio & this wud result in scarcity of girls &females than tell me if the remaining females wud be safe from mass rape, polygamy & serving to more than one husband & is this is really whats happening in western UP & North east Rajasthan & some part of Hariyana where girls /boys ratio is altered. Do that wud be a safe society .
    This wud be a danger to our daughters & to every female.
    Do u know that after conceiving in 4 th wk of pregnancy the devlopment of herat commences & it start beating than is it not a murder ?
    This is prooved scientifically by sonography live pictures that as the termination of preg is started & instruments r put inside the baby feel it & recoil & actually cry 9 silently confirmed by neural impulses ) & tries to save her/himself.
    What is the difference than in a mother & murderer?
    After birth what ever the hardship of life are atleast one knows what life is & there is always hope for future.
    Jaishree

9. subbutr

subbutr Senior IL'ite

Very healthy discussions seen from Jaishree & Pragathi....:clap

Happy to see the missunderstanding of female child being highlighted with valid points. :thankyou2:

Let's hope some more views to think upon over the neccessities of female children in the society and its positive influence .

Subbu

10. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

dear friends,
    i really agree with u on issue of legal right to get preg terminated &of changing sex ratio.also about the poor baby feeling the pain at being terminated .but what i want to know from all u ladies reading this that are parents justified in making life miserable of an unwanted girl child by saying that atleast we did not kill her before birth.r they not killing her daily by their abusive words & actions.