1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Feelings....!!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by srinivasan_vanaja, Nov 7, 2007.

1. srinivasan_vanaja

srinivasan_vanaja Gold IL'ite

Hello Everybody,

Happiness, Sorrow, Proud, Jealousy, Intelligence, Foolishness, Love, Hatred, Enmity, Friendship, Surprise, Shock, Charity, Care, Curiosity, Satisfaction, Victory, Competition, Courage, Fear, Gratitude - What else I have left?

What are these type of feelings? Are these meant for only human beings? Let me try applying these for animals and birds.

Happiness - they derive it when they are taken care by their masters(pets)
    Sorrow - they feel when they loose their partners or masters (pets)
    Proud - when their young ones try to fly (birds)
    Jealousy - whey their counterparts are close to master (pets)
    Intelligence - most of the animals
    Foolish - as we say foolish frogs
    Love - all the animals
    Hatred & Enmity - Mongoose and a snake
    Friendship - Dolphins
    Devotion - Elephants and snakes, as you see in films
    Surprise & Shock - mostly when they fall prey
    Charity - Crows
    Care - motherly care, no exception
    Curiosity - young ones are always inquisitive to discover things
    Satisfaction - they are the most satisfied with what they get
    Victory - when they conquer their area (dogs and wild animals)
    Competition - you can find in animal race
    Courage - watch dogs, sniffer dogs
    Fear - as rats are afraid of cats
    Gratitude - Dogs

(Sorry, I need to make this list to express my own "Feeling" towards animals)

So, in what way we are superior to them? Is it just because they cannot talk or express like us?

Yes, we do become superior while we have the tendency to handle our feelings & emotions according to the situation.

Feeling rules are a set of socially shared norms that direct how we want to try to feel and not to feel emotions in given social relations.

All human beings learn certain feeling rules but they differ according to culture, social class and gender.

So, now let me put-forth my strong support for the feeling which I feel the animals and birds do not have.

My support goes to - Feeling bad is a good thing.

You are supposed to feel bad when you do something wrong or hurt somebody knowingly or unknowingly. This prevents you from further mistakes.

You’re supposed to feel bad when new desires get activated — at least initially. That emotional nudge is there to get your attention, so you’ll listen to what you really want and start heading in that direction.

What else? Let us explore ourselves.

1 person likes this.

2. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello Srinivasan
    This is a beautiful thread that you have put up on feelings. Yes we can handle our feelings and emotions according to the situations, but animals cannot do so they show they love anyway and at anytime. You have very beautifully compared the feelings with different birds and animals. I think all living beings on this earth have feelings. Will come back again

3. srinivasan_vanaja

hi aruna,

thank you very much for the quick feedback. wish you a very happy diwali!

4. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Vanaja,

Feelings are natural and it has to be expressed good or bad.. One has to learn to demonstrate one's feelings. Bottling up feelings results in violence and stress. It also generates a fine line between two individuals which later shapes in to a deep scar. Negative feelings should not be encouraged but its natural to have them, so we have to learn to emit it gracefully.
    A good post..

5. srinivasan_vanaja

hi malspie,

thank you very much for the reply. i was thinking of mentioning 'negative feelings' briefly. you have presented it as a single statement. well said.

6. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Hi,

That was nice... Feelings...???

Animals too have feelings... But human beings are great in hiding their true feelings and show an artificial outer.... Even if we feel angry and jelous with somebody, we try to hide it and be friendly with them... I dont think animals do that...

Stabbing behind... I dont think animals do that...

Though we read about moral stories on trickery.... jackals... but... In general they dont....

My personal opinion....

7. srinivasan_vanaja

hi vysan,

you have given a different interpretation. in this thread, i just wanted to honour certain feelings in human beings that we do not find in animals. one such is - feeling bad is a good thing.

as you said, stabbing behind (hatred) or hiding the real feeling (cautious) is also a feeling.

ok, let us also discuss about the bad and negative feelings that we find in human beings. thanks for the reply.

8. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vanaja
    Nice post.How true.

9. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello Srinivasan
    Was busy so just wrote a few lines and disappeared. I hope all puts up they view on feelings, they are different feelings, living by appearance, accepting criticisms, being sad, being happy etc., etc,.
    It is always good to speak out our feelings...
    As some of our friends are speaking on negative feelings, Yes negative people do not find solutions and they enlarge problems.
    They prefer lamentation, pessimism, gossips.....
    It is brighter to light a match that to regret the darkness.
    A bee is small but produces one of the sweetist things that exist,
    We are what we think. The Negative thought genenrates negative energy that is transformed into illness.
    And on the other hand positive feelings...........
    Good humour, laughter, rest, happiness. These replenish health and bring long life.
    The happy person has the gift to improve the enviroment wherever they live.
    Good humour saves us from the hands of the doctor. Happiness is health and therapy
    You write up was good enjoyed it.

10. srinivasan_vanaja

hi aruna,

again a good explanation for negative feelings by you. yes you are right, we should speak out feelings. thank you.