1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Feeling 'Void'

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by smart_soul, Mar 5, 2010.

1. smart_soul

smart_soul Bronze IL'ite

Just got back from a nice India trip but feeling so void here.... dull.. gloomy.. no relatives and friends..no people.. no street vendors.. no cows.. no dogs.. no crows and sparrows...

I know I'll be back to normal in a few days.. But this feeling of emptyness is kinda creepy....

Has anyone felt this way... I feel this way almost everytime I get back..

2. ish333

ish333 Senior IL'ite

Yes i do feel aloof for a few days as life is a lot different here. Don't worry you are not alone in this virtual world. Spend more time with your DH,go for a movie,eat out,listen to some peppy number.

Why have you not made any friends here?. Try to go out as that deviates your mind. If possible ask your DH to take a day off and go for a long drive just to take the edge off. I am sure you are going to be chirpy and get back on track soon. Big hugs to you:cheers.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2010
  3. gokusha

gokusha IL Hall of Fame

Hi smart_soul,

Its very usual after a nice India trip. We felt same way before 2yrs,once we are back from our country.

That weekend we went to malls and whole day we kept roaming in mall, after tired day, we slept well. Then watched movied in net and had chat with parents & inlaws...

Slowly from next week we got accustom to this enviornment, even then in one or other activity or while preparing any particular dishes we keep talking same what happend when we were there.

Don't worry, you should be alright in couple of days dear...

4. Shilpa77

Shilpa77 Senior IL'ite

smart_soul,

I become a lost soul after a trip to home...

More worse than what you've just mentioned.. That is why i fear going to India these days, afraid to handle the return..

5. narra

narra Silver IL'ite

smart soul,
    its home sick my friend. i got the same feeling when i came back from india last august. my father got heart surgery and mother had surgery for both knees. i went for 1 month and had some family functions and stayed only 10days at my moms place. they are just 65 and don't care about their health and i am always worrying about them. it took 1 month for me to get back to normal even when i went to work and had friends. sometimes i think we have friends, parties etc but no parents:-(. we have vonage service and call them every sunday night, sometimes there is nothing to talk , but i feel comfortable if they are "OK".

6. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

Even for me coming back from India you need to decompress and readjust. Also this is such a BORING time of year: dirty snow, dripping eaves, can't open the windows yet, the cat is BORED, I am BORED, the car is dirty by why clean it it's going to be dirty again in 10 mins, sick of veg from Chile....want some local stuff, want to go see friends in another city but is the weather stable enough yet?, feel like throwing out 90% of my stupid possessions and going shopping but I am still broke from this stupid recession, feel like gardening but its just a little too early, tv is BORING, satellite radio is BORING, books are BORING.....

7. advitha

advitha Silver IL'ite

smart_soul,

Its absolutely normal my dear. The main driving force there is "Parents". Once you spend happy times with them, now the time when you have to take the responsibility again will haunt us. In addition to that, I feel when you have a vacation to India, it'll be a real vacationing, meaning no work, no stress etc etc.

We visit India almost every year and every time its the same routine, that heaviness or vacuum we feel when we have to return and it lasts even after we return. Last year, I delayed my return by another week just to fill another happy week at home. The day we were back, my own home here felt like a stranger's home. It took almost couple of days for us to get adjusted to our old environment. This happens to almost everyone. Especially if you happen to stay for longer than usual the home-sickness increases. Hope you get back from your home-sickness soon :).

-Uma

8. smart_soul

smart_soul Bronze IL'ite

Thanks everyone.

That makes me happy.. I'm not alone..:) After a week, I'm back to my run and spin here. Tiring but like the reality as well..:)

9. aruna_077

aruna_077 Senior IL'ite

Nice to see smart-soul out of homesickness!!

Have fun!!

10. smart_soul

smart_soul Bronze IL'ite

I somehow got to read this post again and am thinking.. How true......
    in a bad weather, the only thing that i would love to do is sip a hot cup of tea and talk and talk and talk to my mom... Not over phone but face to face....

Any digital entertainment gets boring after a while.... And I really hate to see ultra dramatic/cry-shy/sad movies that usually put me down even further. "It's just a movie" says my DH.. For me.. "NO. Not for me.. it's reflection carries a long long way"....