1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Feeling Upset

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by jasmine25, Apr 22, 2018.

1. jasmine25

jasmine25 Gold IL'ite

Hi all,
    I delivered my second baby a month ago and now am at inlaws house.. All is well till yesterday.. myself and mother in law are taking care of baby at night.. for the past two days she is sick, so I thought let her take rest and I will takecare of baby..baby was Cranky yesterday so I managed from 11pm to 2am.. she was sleeping .. all of sudden she got up n came to cradle joola n said I will put baby to sleep.. I said "please take rest.. already you are not well.. I will manage.."
    she in a jiffy got angry and shouted "un pilaya neeye paathoko.. naa Pakala" means u tskecare of your baby.. I was shocked and taken a back.. I just replied you are sick that's y I said so.. saying this I came in and started crying..from morning I just answered if questioned.. am remaining silent.. how should react ? I am hurt emotionally.. (apart from this incident she is a nice lady taking care of nicely) don't know how to react

2. soraj

soraj Senior IL'ite

dont get hurt.. she is not well...what if your own mom said this thing..

ignore what she said.. be happy...

sindmani likes this.
  3. ashneys

ashneys Platinum IL'ite

You can continue to be quiet / answer when questioned till you heal / get over it or she says something about it. It's only human to feel hurt, so your reaction is normal.

Similarly she's human too, She might have reacted like that because she would have lost her sleep due to the child crying continuously. Plus she's sick n maybe high on medicines. All that n disturbed sleep is not a great combo, we may react like that too.

You say she's nice otherwise, so there's nothing wrong in being nice to a nice person. But let it go once you are over it. It's not necessary to take every word / reaction of theirs way too seriously.

4. jasmine25

jasmine25 Gold IL'ite

Thank you but even if mom said this I would feel bad only.. I will try to ignore but for no mistake of mine I had to hear such words.. thank you so much soraj for your kind words

5. jasmine25

jasmine25 Gold IL'ite

Thank you so much Ashney.. your reply makes me feel comfortable..

sindmani likes this.
  6. dc24

dc24 Gold IL'ite

Congratulations for the new born!!!
    Please ignore your MILs temporary anger. Try to be happy, well-rested and comfortable... As postpartum depression is very common which affects the mother and indirectly affects the baby too.

sindmani likes this.
  7. jasmine25

jasmine25 Gold IL'ite

Thank you so much dc24 for your words..after seeing all ur replies here feeling better ..Thanks a lot

sindmani likes this.
  8. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

@jasmine25,

Congrats!

You are still recovering and delicate in health and emotions; it is natural for you to feel hurt and upset. But look at the bigger picture; you have a nice mil and she too was unwell and she must have felt guilty for having slept and making you take care of the baby all alone. So, please ignore your mil's words and move on. Don't allow negativity to spoil your moods or relations.

9. Sangeeta85

Sangeeta85 Gold IL'ite

Actually this is not that bad of a answer from mil.. there r worst mil trust me.. don’t take this to your heart ..take care of u n mil ..but be cautious at the same time ..

sindmani likes this.
  10. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

OP,
    Both of you are physically weak. Naturally, mentally weak too. In this situation, it is easy to get irritated and angry. So leave it and move on. You are lucky that you got a caring and loving MIL. Count the blessings and ignore these bad moments. Don't think about it too much. This will pass. Be positive.