1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Feeling unhappy with married life.

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by generic, Oct 16, 2014.

1. generic

generic Gold IL'ite

I am married to my hubby for abt 3 yrs now. No kids as yet. At the time of marriage my hubby was very attracted to me and used to buy me many gifts..But now he is not at all interested in celebrating any events such as birthday anniversary etc.. He is hardly interested in buying gifts for me..I only make efforts to buy gifts and cards and wish on occasions..if i want something, I ask him and he gets it for me if its not too expensive.. He is not being romantic towards me and does not bother to spend time with me these days..I feel very bad when I see other friends and cousins being pampered by their husbands and getting gifts on their birthdays and anniversaries..He doesnt show interest in taking me for vacations..he always wants us to go out with his parents and relatives as a group.He has started taking me for granted these days...I feel very depressed and neglected..How can I win over him and bring the romance back into our life? I do not want to attempt TTC unless I am confident about my husband. If he does not give attention to me how can i expect him to give attention to my baby in future..

Last edited: Oct 16, 2014

2. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Have you tried taking a vacation without him....maybe to your parents place?Get him to miss you and yearn for you.Sometimes...a little distance works.

1 person likes this.
  3. generic

generic Gold IL'ite

Good idea..so far i have gone to parents place for just a couple days at a time..not long enough for him to miss me.

4. FromMars

FromMars Gold IL'ite

3 years are a long time to stay with the same husband. I say, dump him!!:cheers

5. FromMars

FromMars Gold IL'ite

Well, okay, I will add some value to the thread.

Have you talked to him about it?

The first year of marriage cannot be equated to anything else. Thats the discovery period and every new discovery about the partner gives joy. To keep up with it, you also have to re-invent yourself and add new characteristics.

Or else just be lively and fun to be with.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2014
    2 people like this.
  6. peet1983

peet1983 Silver IL'ite

Think of something which refresh your relation you had .. time and the usual daily life spread the powder on it and you just needs to re polish it with one or another way, Not to worry much on this. Like said, leave away from him for a while or go for a vacation where both you likes..it will make difference

1 person likes this.
  7. Alildream

Alildream Gold IL'ite

Hey don't worry dear, this happens in most marriages!! When the novelty factor dies out couples tend to take each other for granted...i know it is wrong but it happens, unfortunately!
    Why dont u plan a nice surprise for him? A candle light dinner, watch his favorite movie, surprise him by sending a bouquet of roses out of the blue! He may get the hint do something special for you! Do not be upset if your husband does not give u gifts all the time...some men think it is unimportant. Does he show love through his actions? Does he help around the house, appreciate you for who u are? That is what matters in the long run!

2 people like this.
  8. arunavanukuru

arunavanukuru New IL'ite

Yes, I totally agree with Alildream. The first year is the best in a marriage.

9. DKI

DKI Platinum IL'ite

The first year of marriage is called the "honeymoon" period. That is when you discover each other, your likes, dislikes etc.

Do not consider the fact that he does not gift you anything to mean that he cares less for you. Some people are like that. It took my husband ONLY 15 years to give me a surprise birthday gift. Usually he would just ask me what I wanted, and if I said I had no clue, he'd give some money. (extremely unromantic right?) Each person is different. Don't compare him to your friends husbands. No idea what is actually happening in their house right?

As for going out only with parents....happens to the little boys we marry all the time. It takes a lot of courage for them to leave momma and come to wife. But once they get that it is fun, and that we won't let them get run over by a truck, etc, they actually start enjoying trips with us.

Go spend a week or so with your parents. Just tell him that you miss them so much, and that anyway he is busy with work, so he won't really miss you. Then watch what happens! In my case it was me who wanted to go to my parents place and spend some time away from him (yup...went through that phase too). That was when I realized how much he meant to me and how much I missed him. So much so that my mother actually asked me to pre-pone my return and go back to him!

Absence does indeed make the heart fonder

1 person likes this.
  10. Priya4oct

Priya4oct Gold IL'ite

There is nothing new or different. it's very general. As all say period between your engagement and marriage is golden time and then 1st year of marriage is honeymoon.
    This time never repeat and later on our life come on usual track. I never heard from any of my friend who say her married life after 1st year is same as 1st year.
    Regarding gift and holidays, I am married for 6.5 years and still waiting for a surprise gift and good holiday. Whenever I ask my DH to go holiday , he will say plant it. And if I planned and share with him planning he will say what you will be there...let's sleep (he is who can sleep 24 hrs) at home.. :) :). So now when I want to go some where , I plan and book ticket so that he doesnot get any option to say 'No'.

So don't take it negative and plan something own. And yes, I will suggest you to keep changing your self (makeover or try something new) , this is what I do.

2 people like this.