1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Feeling Trapped

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by snehalJoshi, Feb 28, 2020.

1. sbonigala

sbonigala Platinum IL'ite

When was the last time you made yourself a priority ? When was the last time you understood self care is not selfish.
    Dear Op, you need to understand that a happy and strong mother can raise happy kids - regardless of the parenting arrangement.

You cannot get answers to all your questions without even taking the first step.
    I have not been through the divorce journey but I know what it is to be disrespected and be taken for granted.
    The way you treat yourself is the way you are asking others to treat you - be it co-workers, friends, husband, kids - every one around you.

What do you mean he wont let you move out ?
    Get a job, talk to a lawyer, leave the kids if need be, move out and file for divorce.
    Neither of you would get sole custody, as much as I am aware. Its going to be joint custody.
    Kids might be hungry for a day or two until the dad learns his lesson or agrees for an amicable solution. And its okay to be so. It wont harm them. Allow him to recognise the hard work you put in every single day tirelessly.
    Sometimes, we women forget that we existed even before husband and kids happened in our lives. Value and respect that woman in you.

shama146, Vaikuntha and Amulet like this.