1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Feeling so dejected in life!!!

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by flower234, Feb 9, 2013.

1. rose8282

rose8282 Platinum IL'ite

Flower, Here are my suggestions and like someone said, just think of it as a well deserved break-

Apart from all the above advices, why dont you start watching english shows? Not only do they have interesting/gripping plots, but you also learn a lot in terms of mannerisms and language, which could help you when you work/ to understand your future children. Netflix is 8$ a month but totally worth it. Once you get hooked on it (shows like prison break,lost,greys anatomy etc), I swear you will not want to go out anywhere.:cheers P.S...my personal fav is Vampire diaries...hawtttt guys in it:thumbsup

You can start building on your resume by taking up some god-knows-what IT courses:hide:

If I had the option of staying at home..I would start a family, not worry and once the kids go to school, I would work. By then visa issues would be sorted out. I understand this does not work for you as you are living on a single income and cannot do it now.

How about learning how to bake? There are so many different cuisines and if you start having a goal of learning 2-3 new dishes a week, it will take some of your time. Plus...you can have a sastha-tikaav candle light dinner.:thumbsup

I think you should also start making friends...if I remember you live in Jersey city and omg, there are loads of Indians. Just walk to your mailbox and pretend to check your mail...someone will say hi:hiya .

P.S:I shared this valuable trick with my husband and it worked:) I am staying away from DH and apparently, the Indian community decided to have a get together one fine day. They knocked on our door to invite him, but my hubby was sleeping and lazy to go. He got to know that the get together was supposed to be in the home just next to ours and everyone came in with their potluck dishes. I egged him to go to the mailbox and pretend to check the mail. Very reluctantly, he did...and voila, " arey, xxxx....kya kar rahe ho...aa jao...party ho rahi hai yaha":cheers. He doesnt like to go without me but I really forced him to, that day.

2 people like this.
  2. flower234

flower234 Junior IL'ite

Such a soothing reply.. Gearing up confidence level.. Yea we do have netflix and yupp tv connection.. And i love cooking.. Trying out lot of new recipes.. We live in a community where there is just one indian family and i knew few americans who would smile...stuck is heavy snow so unable to go for a big walk.. Trying to strictly follow my routine.. Wake up. Cook,clean, eat, tv, browse, india calls, nap, do some elearning,dinner,tv and cycle continues.. Thinking of joining a gym.. I drive but we have only one car.. If my husband goes to office i cannot go to gym regularly.. Have to see how to workout things.. Feeling much better after yesterday's condition..

3. rose8282

rose8282 Platinum IL'ite

You have netflix connection???What are you doing sulking?:spin. Start watching prison break...my heartbeat used to race up and down when i was watching it. Most of them have subtitles too just in case we miss couple words here and there. Tut-tut...get to work!!Getting stranded at home is the best time to do this...Get your blanket, get some chips, pull your hubby towards to you,cuddle up and start the marathon:coffee If he doesnt want to...enjoy it yourself.

Well...this is coming from a show fanatic....sorry if you dont want to:hide:

4. tulipzz

tulipzz Platinum IL'ite

Op, utilize this time to start some business?

5. Baarish

Baarish New IL'ite

Hi Flower,
    I love flowers and you really seem to be a beautiful flower.
    Let us talk about you.
    You have given your love, you life and your wealth to one man.
    You still respect him
    You worry about him
    You worry about your married life
    You are thinking that may be you could have done more or you should do more to keep him happy and your marriage secure.

So far your post has ticked all the right boxes on my page. If this was an exam and I was the examiner I would have given you a first class with distinction :). But I can only offer a virtual huuuggggg.

We are not in charge of our destination in life but we can steer to the left and right, go back and return. Your tears and sadness are letting you floating around aimlessly.

Trough your tears, look at your hands. Can you move your fingers? Look at you in the mirror, is everything there? Open your lips and recall your smile. Can you get up and sit down? Play your favourite tune. Close your eyes and remember your happiness. Does it bring back the good memories? Free your self from sadness. Get up make something you like , wear something that makes you sexy and meet a friend for a coffee or something :queen

You are the same lovely woman that you have always been. Your DH is a grown up boy, he can look after himself. Take a break if you can and go home. Stay away from everything that has made you unhappy. Let people love you and give them your love. Take a job in India if you wish. Bring security to your life. Don't worry about the after.

I love to see this flower swinging in the sun. Wouldn't you? I like to see this flower doing what she likes, having the job she enjoys, creating a home. If he wants it? He will come for it. Give him a chance to think about life without you and see if his headphones can cook him dinner, fill your place in his bed and make him smile when has worries.

Please send me a cutting I would like to have a flower just like you here in my home.

A caring friend @};-

2 people like this.
  6. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Mention of sexy in post above gives birth to this idea... when a woman finds herself with time on hands and moods needs lifting up, it is the best time to go bra shopping. Nothing like a really good fitting and flattering bra. Not sure if flattering is the right word... hmmm

Make a bra-fitting appointment at one of the department stores or even Vic Sec, and they'll help you find the right one. Then, come back home and order it online. :)

Tuesday mornings are the best time, all stores are mostly empty, and sales associates are not busy putting away stuff from mess weekend shoppers left behind, so they are more likely to help.

IL has a discussion section on everything, I am off to check out if there is on underwire.... :) Oh my, just remembered, a neighbor aunty in India used to pronounce underwear as underwire. :shock:

2 people like this.
  7. maroon

maroon Gold IL'ite

Baarish, I just came in to reply exactly on these lines, on changing the perspective of seeing the whole thing..... And I was so surprised to see your reply which just spoke my mind. Hats off to a wonderful composition.

OP, this is a beautiful reply from Baarish. If I were you I would be totally chilled and spring back into happiness after reading it. Dear, whenever you get very depressed just fast forward your life 10 years ahead and realise that things will not remain the same after all, think of this as just a small phase of life that will change for good sooner or later. When you get even more depressed, fast forward your life 100 years ahead and answer for yourself that nothing's worth so much worry since nothing is permanent. Enjoy the moment.

Dont forget, if there are a 100 people who you think are in a better position than you and whose life you would wish to live, there are also a 1000 others who are right now envying you - be it for living in the US, be it for being able to have two square meals a day, be it for being blessed with good health and what not.

You can do it dear. Start smiling...........NOW

2 people like this.
  8. flower234

flower234 Junior IL'ite

Thank you so much.. Each and every reply seems like getting a hug... So comforting..

9. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

We are like this vonly. :)

So which one are you doing? Shopping? Exercise? Netflix? Cooking? Music? :)

j/k... Good to read positive update.