1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

feeling low

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by kenny, Feb 3, 2011.

1. aniShekar

aniShekar Platinum IL'ite

Exactly!

This "feeling sad" business seems another ruse to me....you or your parents aren't exactly torturing his mother, are you? He should stop all this melodrama. If you are firm enough on going, he'll probably quit. I know he'll act all injured, and probably his mother would put on the suffering act, too.....but really, this is ridiculous. I feel you should deal with this yourself, without involving your parents and brother. Why should they act apologetic to your MIL? She can't expect free invites each time you visit your family.
    You keep your chin up Kenny, and proceed with your plans. Looks like your MIL and your husband need a good, hard dose of common sense - and they might get it if you show none of their acts are going to make the cut.
    You've pampered them long enough - its time to stop it, and live your own life. You are not commiting a great crime by going to your parent's place.

Don't bother about the fact that things might become worse if you do go. I tell you - the worst thing that could happen is that you go on putting up with their unreasonable demands, and lose your personality completely. That is the worst thing that could happen - not the pathetic tantrums your MIL keeps throwing up.
    Just pack your stuff and go - not when they feel is a good time, but when you have time off from work, and when you feel you'd like to. You'll have to put your foot down sometime, if you mean to stay on in this relationship, so why not now? You don't need to talk with him, to convince him that you need this break (he won't agree with you anyway, since mummy's feeling all injured now).....just ignore and go. There's no need for YOU to figure out a "solution" to this problem - the problem is with him and his mother!
    In fact, the more I read your posts, the more I feel you need to be away from your husband for a good while. JMO.

2. ars

ars Platinum IL'ite

but morn also he told me we have to find a solution to it...:drowning:bonk Good he is recognising their is aproblem. He is acting that he is hurt by it. Let him sulk. Don't console, or try to prove your point. You have spoken enough already. Let him do the talking. Its hurting him now right so let him come up with the solution. Why should you? Just act dumb or like damsell in distress. Let him figure out the solution.
    Your goal right now is you can take a break from all the drama, visit parents and come back rested. So just nod your head to his solution apply for leave and go visit your parents.