Feeling Helpless

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by magicwand007, Oct 17, 2020.

1. magicwand007

magicwand007 Bronze IL'ite

I really don’t know how to start and where to start from.I am a 33 year old woman with a 4 year old son.I really want to start trying for my second one soon and my husband wants a second kid too but he hardly shows interest in trying.Half the time he seems to be busy working on the laptop and then falls asleep on the couch.I feel depressed and feel like my life is not going anywhere.I live abroad and with the winter approaching it’s extra hard not to mention how difficult it is to engage a single child who doesn’t have school this year and needs me around the whole day.

And I know I am going to get a lot of negative comments but I have a fear in my mind that my SIL will get pregnant before me with her second child(her first is 3).
    This is on my mind all the time and i really feel like my mental health will go for a toss.
    Please help.

2. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

Yeah. This kind of confusion can occur among couples. Dont worry much. As you guys are healthy and fertile, its just a matter of time. Have a nice talk with your dh. Identity the most fertile days of the month based on your ovulation calendar and ask him to join for it. No fight or drama. Remind him in a loving day, its project days of the month and build the ambience. Believe me, this can be very mechanical thing to do. Dont expect wonders. Take care.

Fear? For what & why? Its her life and you focus on your life. Be happy for her. This kind of negative/ immature thinking won't help TTC process or your life. Never compare your life with others or compete with others. You try to improve yourself.

Vaikuntha likes this.
  3. magicwand007

magicwand007 Bronze IL'ite

thank you so much for your reply @DDream.
    I don’t know why I stress so much about this.Its like it constantly plays on my mind every waking moment.And you are right ..I am acting very immature.My thinking is so negative.after all pregnancy is not a competition.I will try to be positive and work on reducing my weight and my relationship with my husband.

hridhaya likes this.
  4. Helpingbee

Helpingbee Senior IL'ite

hi magicwand
    Even Im on the same boat as you..here myself trying for more than 6 months and not getting result..
    But i hear every month one close friend,family member or neighbour getting conceived..Their responses are usually like we never tried and God gave..dont know how it happened,we never expected bla bla!
    I feel bad or think why not me,why God not listening to me...
    yes indeed its very stressful and feel defeated when menstrual cycle starts...
    do pray for me too..